PDA

View Full Version : update on my troublesome bloodred

update on my troublesome bloodred

JCam99
02-07-2004, 10:17 PM
Hey everybody
Well good news. the hatchling is doing great now. I got it a live pinky the other day and it took a couple hours but ate it, and no regurge. It crapped today. in the interim the snake finally shed its skin in a complete piece (I increased the humidity in the sweater box by placing the water bowl closer to the heattape. tonight I fed it a frozen/thawed and it immediately took it in its cage. it quickly ate it and is now looking for another. so i guess whatever the problem was has worked out.
oh and by the way, the snake's colors look awesome! bright red blotches, almost no (I'd say maybe 2% at the most) black on it anywhere (except the pupils of course), and what interested me the most was its head that was previously grey colored is now very whitish. that throws me for a loop. oh well, if i can master the art of fugifilm digital cameras I'll post a pic. I tried earlier but i cant focus worth a crap, and the picture is always too dark or not good at capturing the true color of the snake.
later
Jcam99

paulc
02-08-2004, 02:12 AM
Well done, nice to here good news about it feeding.

Can't wait to see the pic's.:)

Silverwind
02-08-2004, 09:45 AM
I am glad to hear that any snake that had any trouble got better. Good Luck!

What model of FugiFilm is your camera? I know that some of the newer ones have different settings and also some setting have an auto focus.

JCam99
02-08-2004, 12:14 PM
Thanks

It's a Fugifilm Finepix S3000. Do u have any ideas on how I can get good pictures with this thing, like do i need more lighting, do i need to use flash, what about the good zoom? i'm a crappy photographer, especially with living things.

Jcam99

Silverwind
02-08-2004, 02:02 PM
Yahoo! Yours is just one grade lower than mine (A fugifilm FinePix S5000)

A few questions since i'm not so familiar with that model- Does it have a built in flash? If it does, does it have optional use? If it does, i find the flash a little strong. You can often put a piece of tissue paper that would probably bring down the lighting better.

Does it have a setting on the little ring thingy that says P? I find that that setting usually brings a brighter picture.

And finally, does it have an action setting? It would probably take a better shot if your snake moves a lot.

Anyway, if you still have problems feel free to e-mail me a good picture that simply needs help with lighting. I will be able to edit it and hopefully you will be able to post it

:) Good luck!

~Eris

JCam99
02-09-2004, 10:29 PM
Well I took some photos that I guess are fairly decent, but it is hard to focus correctly. I had to get pretty much nose to nose with the snake to get one I got. No, my camera doesn't have a P on it; it has a M, a picture of a woman, an auto, and then the movie setting. Just a quick question: how do u post pics on this thing?

Silverwind
02-10-2004, 07:51 AM
As i believe, there are two ways to post a picture. number 1 is that you can up-load them on a free uploading website (I think www.up-loadit.com is one...) and then give the url on this the post (Never done this method, don't count on me for exact directions). The other way is fairly easy. When writing a post, you will see at the bottom of the form an attatch file area. Simply click browse and search for the image that you want to post.

The difference- Up-Loading it on a different website allows you to post more that one picture per reply.

Using the File Attatchment button- Only able to post one picture per reply.

Hope that helps :)

Glad you were able to take some good photos.

~Eris

JCam99
02-10-2004, 08:33 PM
Okay sorry for the crappy quality. Hopefully it works.