PDA

View Full Version : Mam doesnt believe me!!!

Mam doesnt believe me!!!

Snakebite001
06-10-2002, 02:06 PM
my mam doesnt believe u can put ur snake in a bath.
*not a big bath, just a puddle*
so i was hopin to show my mam that other people do put snakes in baths so WRITE AWAY!!!

Lizzy and sidney!
xxx:D

reaper
06-10-2002, 02:19 PM
hi

yeah tell your mum i bath my corns every week in the bath and they love it. i dont have problems with my mum but my wife makes me clean out the bath afterwards.

Garrett__16
06-10-2002, 02:26 PM
I give my snakes baths usually about once a week.

ERJ
06-10-2002, 04:13 PM
I also bath my snakes as they seem to enjoy it and it's probably better exercise than handling for the same time. if she thinks its unhygenic then say you'll disinfect or clean the bath afterwards.
ERJ

LizS
06-10-2002, 06:43 PM
I bathe my corns every other day, they seem to like it. I use about 5 inches of lukewarm water in the bathtub, and they swim around. They are quite buoyant and they instinctively know how to swim. They will sneeze out any water that gets in their noses. Be sure the water isn't too warm, for example, a bath comfortably warm for you is too warm for the snake. Tepid, lukewarm is the way to go.

lynn
06-11-2002, 01:53 AM
I use a baby bath for mine, but if I had a big bath I would put them in there.

CornCrazy
06-12-2002, 05:51 AM
OK...now I have a question. Is it necessary to bathe your corns? Or is it just for their enjoyment/exercise? Either way, I guess I need to start bathing mine :D :D :D

Terri

reaper
06-12-2002, 06:12 AM
hi i was told by a vet its is good for the corn snake to swim in the bath and mine do injoy it as well.

Alicia
06-12-2002, 09:10 AM
Just my 2 cents on the flip side of bathing. I have no negative opinions about it but I don't bathe any of my snakes. All of my snakes eat well, deficate well and shed well. If you want to do it and have the time, then go for it. If you don't have the extra time or the means to bathe them then thats ok too. Their health is not going to suffer if they don't have a bath.
Bath or no bath just enjoy your snakes:)

Alicia

Jayde
06-12-2002, 11:07 AM
I bathe my Ruby, She doesn't like it at first but once she realises it's warm and she has no body weight she enjoys it. It's good to give a snake a bath. It's good for muscles, getting rid of germs if they've crawled in excrament or got ticks and if they need help shedding, then she likes the towl when I dry her scales (rubbing downwards)(she loves feeing different textures). It's nice bonding time for you and your snake! So let your mum know that there is such a thing as snake batheing.

Colleen
06-15-2002, 04:54 AM
After reading about bathing snakes here we tried it. The first time she din't seem to know if she liked it, but now she loves it!! She swims all around and usually poos too(less I have to clean out of cage) and good excercise. And they look beautiful too!!

A few things to remember if you use you bath tub ( we do ) wash it out so that there is no soap residue and of course after so there is no snake residue!(hehe) I use a spray bottle with bleach water and rinse well. Also you can get a fish tank therm. for 2 bucks that will help you get the right temp. I was told 80 was good and you wouldn't believe how cool that feels!! If your Mum doesn't like the tub idea you can use a lg. plastic container. I just think it's easier to pull a plug then to dump a lg. tub of dirty water.

:D Have fun!!!

Colleen

Bish
06-17-2002, 04:46 PM
My green snake love Baths so do corn snakes!!!!Tell your mom that all snakes can swim and most captive snakes love baths (P.S. You should bathe them about once a week!!!)(If you want to)