PDA

View Full Version : Tub ventilation?

Tub ventilation?

kyyyle
07-13-2010, 09:38 PM
How do you guys get air circulation in tubs? These won't be on a shelf/rack system, so leaving the top open isn't an option :P

bkelm18
07-13-2010, 09:40 PM
Buy a soldering iron (they're cheap) and melt some holes in the tub.

kyyyle
07-14-2010, 01:41 AM
Will the holes need to be covered with screen or anything to stop escapees?

MysticExotics
07-14-2010, 02:03 AM
I use a drill, with a small drill bit. I smooth the pieces down that are caused by the drill, but it works well.

Sweetseraph
07-14-2010, 08:01 AM
You just make the holes tiny, like about 1/8" and make lots of them. You can use a drill, but it's a pain in the butt to smooth down all the little holes (rough edges can cut the snakie snouts). In my experience, the melting is so much easier, although monotonous and time consuming when you're doing 18 baby bins! ;)

bkelm18
07-14-2010, 08:18 AM
Will the holes need to be covered with screen or anything to stop escapees?

No, the tips of soldering irons are usually less than 1/4" wide.

wax32
07-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Soldering Iron for the WIN!! :D

Nothing else works as good or is as easy. Soldering iron, period! :grin01:

Sweetseraph
07-14-2010, 09:45 PM
I actually used a wood burning tool, since I happened to have one lying around already. :)

MysticExotics
07-14-2010, 09:53 PM
I use a drill, with a small drill bit. I smooth the pieces down that are caused by the drill, but it works well.

You just make the holes tiny, like about 1/8" and make lots of them. You can use a drill, but it's a pain in the butt to smooth down all the little holes (rough edges can cut the snakie snouts). In my experience, the melting is so much easier, although monotonous and time consuming when you're doing 18 baby bins! ;)

I had trouble smoothing down the edges at first, but I found that one of the chisel tools I had on hand works very well at getting all of the edges.
Most people on here use the soldering iron, & if you have one on hand, I would use that. I do not have one, & chose to use the tools I have.
It works well for me, & I don't have ot go out & buy a soldering iron.