• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Buster not eating

ivenner

Father of the Snakist
OK, may have a problem, although may also be 'normal' behaviour.

Buster is my son's Hypo Okeetee, and is about 18 months old now. normally he eats very well, and once in his feeding box is done with both mice in about 5 mins.

However we are now at his 4th week where he hasn't fed. I am not particularly worried (unless I should be) as he is still well covered with absolutely no sign of ribs anywhere, and drinking very well.

About the same time as he stopeed eating he became more 'agitated' in his viv. normally he spends time in either his 'hot' or 'cold' cave with the odd spell roaming around. now he is almost constantly out and about burrowing in aspen, or just roaming. I thought he may be looking for some company.

Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations? we still put him in his feed box with his mice as usual, curently weekly, incase he gets peckish.

If he is just horny, does anyone need the services of a stunning (even though I say so myself) male hypo okeetee?

cheers

Ian

I think you've hit on the answer yourself, this sounds like he is too busy looking for lurve to eat!

Any idea how long this is likely to continue, and at what point should we worry about him not eating?

Genuinely not worried right now as he is robustly healthy.

Additionally would finding him a mate help, or would it just magnify his anxiety, poor guy!

cheers

Ian

Back