PDA

View Full Version : money or not?

money or not?

Snakebite001
06-10-2002, 02:36 PM
i am thinkin of breeding my snake some how,...
well not breedin cause hes a male but will i get any money for let someones snake do it with mine???
Lizzyxx

*P.S...very embarrassin*:(

nova
06-10-2002, 03:36 PM
I guess you could, but it would prob depend on what kind of snake and how old

Jayde
06-10-2002, 05:32 PM
If you have a male you've have to rent him out to people otherwise you'd have to keep, feed and monitor the female. And if your renting him out, people who'd rent him would want a snake that has pretty markings, colours or a certain genetic trait. Like Jungle Corns, Striped or Ghost's.

But if you just want your male to breed regardless and keep any money, you can just do what I done. Just buy another snake (opposite sex)

I had Ruby (female) first and had her for a year, then I saw this thin, white snake who's spine was showing in the petshop. I asked what happened to him and he said that he was bought in to him by someone who couldn't look after him anymore, feeding him less than 1 mouse a month. I felt sorry for him, bought him and took him home.

I realised he was a male when they started breeding. I always suspected Ruby was female (don't ask how!)
He loves her now and hates to be parted from her.

Then they can breed when they want.

When the hatchlings are born I can take them to a petshop and they pay me £10 for each hatchling so far I've sold 4. But when they're mature you can sell them for £30-£50!