PDA

View Full Version : feeding tub

feeding tub

AlexEarl
07-22-2010, 05:17 PM
how long should i leave my little corn snake in her feeding tub? she was put in around 40 mins ago and has not even bothered looking at the pinkies.

ShenziSixaxis
07-22-2010, 05:17 PM
You can leave her in over night.

Nanci
07-22-2010, 05:29 PM
How big is the feeding bin? It needs to be very small, so she can't really get away from the pinks. Has she eaten for you before? If not, try just one. Heat it up to very hot- by running it under your tap water, as hot as it will go, for a few seconds. Then cut three or four slits in its back. Then put it in with the baby, and close the lid and cover it up. Set a timer and go check in an hour. If she hasn't eaten, reheat, put the whole thing in the snake's viv, in between the heat zones, and leave her overnight.

AlexEarl
07-22-2010, 05:31 PM
oky, im just wondering if it might be too soon for her to eat again. i took her to a reptile rescue centre and they said that she is small for her age (im not sure when she was born as the reptile shop did not tell me the exact date but i assume late april this year). so i fed her two pinkies on sunday which was 3 days after she ate one pinky and she scoffed them down. do you reckon its too soon for her to eat again?

ceduke
07-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Yes, that's too soon. If she's from this year, feeding every 5-7 days is ideal, I wouldn't feed her any sooner than that. Also, as long as she looks healthy I wouldn't worry about her being "small for her age". There's quite a range of "normal" sizes for corns of any age, so as long as they don't look skinny it's best not to worry. Feeding them too often could lead to regurgitation, which is a BIG problem, especially in babies, and can kill them.

AlexEarl
07-22-2010, 07:16 PM
Oky I'll put her back, and the tub is not big at all. Last time she was in there 1 min and started munching away. She's eaten with me atleast 7 times but went a month without eating for no reason.

She seems healthy as she is very quick whn holding her for the first few minutes and then settles down.

Guess I'll try again next week on Monday (8 days after last feed)