Did you pay but don't see your name?

Please post questions/problems here. :)

starsevol
07-23-2010, 09:20 AM
I must be missing something here...
Carol, how do I go about this?

Nanci
07-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Is this going to be one of those PayPal situations? Actually, you're buying a dinner, right? So what if you're not going to be there? With each dinner purchased, you get to put your meal ticket into a drawing.

CaptBogart
07-23-2010, 11:26 AM
I think this year we should get wristbands or a stamp, as just turning in a ticket didn't differentiate between the people that paid and the crashers when everyone just started showing up for the raffle... :shrugs: I have some running around to do today, so I'll stop at a party supply and see what's available.

carol
07-23-2010, 12:51 PM
I must be missing something here...
Carol, how do I go about this?

If you will be eating the catered Uno's meal, it's best to pay ahead. I'm offering the raffle as incentive to pay ahead.

There will be a small amount of extra meals purchased so some people will be able to pay at the door but availability will be very limited and you will not be entered to win the pair of Classics het Peppermint Stripe if you pay at the door.

For every $15 meal you prepurchase, you will get a free "raffle" ticket assigned to you that will be entered in the drawing. People can also donate $15 and get a "non-dinner" ticket for each $15 donation if they are unable to make Daytona, prefer to eat elsewhere but want to be entered in the drawing, or if they want to have more chances to win etc. Any extra funds leftover after paying the caterer will go straight to USARK.

So if you prepay for 2 dinners, you get 2 raffle tickets. If you want to prepay for 2 dinners and want two extra donation tickets, it would be $60 and you would have four chances to win.

People can email or PM me for my pay pal info and in the payment I will need your name, your user name, and how many of your tickets need to go towards dinners, and how many are donations. A cell number would be helpful also but not required.

At the dinner prepayers will be shown their raffle tickets being put in the drawing, tickets for those who won't be present will also be added in a public manner. Most likely at that time you will also get a wrist band that clears you to chow down! I will probably be the one to pass out the tickets to those who prepaid, but if that changes we'll announce it.

Hope that helps, please let me know if anything is unclear, I'm stuper tired today.

starsevol
07-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Well, I would have prepaid for the dinner anyway. How else will anyone know how much food to order? But for a chance at a pair of your peppermint stripe het kids....Yes oh yes oh yes!! :)
Is it possible to pay with a credit card though?
If not, I understand and will make the adjustments necessary.

Nanci
07-23-2010, 03:06 PM
Beth, you can use PayPal with a credit card.

starsevol
07-23-2010, 03:20 PM
Beth, you can use PayPal with a credit card.

I have heard that. Not quite sure how to do it though! My husband and I are on the same paypal account, and I would prefer to pay for this all myself. I am so excited and nervous!!

Nanci
07-23-2010, 03:55 PM

On the right, under Notifications, choose Update my credit card info. That page, on the bottom, has a button that says Add a card. Add the card.

Then go to the blue tab, at the top, that says Send Money. Enter the e-mail address, the amount, and whatever Carol specifies- it would either be Purchases- Goods or Services, or Personal- gift.

Gold button, continue.

The next screen shows Payment method, down at the bottom. Instant transfer will be checked. Instead, choose Change, directly under Instant transfer.

The next screen shows Funding Options. Check Credit/Debit card, and select your card, which will be identified by the last four digits of the account number.

Gold Button Continue.

The next screen is Review your payment and send. If everything is correct, click the gold button, Send Money.

starsevol
07-23-2010, 04:03 PM

On the right, under Notifications, choose Update my credit card info. That page, on the bottom, has a button that says Add a card. Add the card.

Then go to the blue tab, at the top, that says Send Money. Enter the e-mail address, the amount, and whatever Carol specifies- it would either be Purchases- Goods or Services, or Personal- gift.

Gold button, continue.

The next screen shows Payment method, down at the bottom. Instant transfer will be checked. Instead, choose Change, directly under Instant transfer.

The next screen shows Funding Options. Check Credit/Debit card, and select your card, which will be identified by the last four digits of the account number.

Gold Button Continue.

The next screen is Review your payment and send. If everything is correct, click the gold button, Send Money.

Thank you Nanci!! I think I need to save this page under "favorites"..!

carol
07-23-2010, 10:31 PM
Well, I would have prepaid for the dinner anyway. How else will anyone know how much food to order?

Yep, it's pretty much a reward for doing the right thing. :) Just PM me before you pay pal, there is one set of secret instructions I have to give everyone. It's very easy to follow. :)

Thanks for womaning the fort for me while I was at work Nanci, it's a huge help!

CaptBogart
07-23-2010, 10:56 PM
there is one set of secret instructions I have to give everyone. It's very easy to follow. :)

All you have to do is...
You put your right foot in,
You put your right foot out;
You put your right foot in,
And you shake it all about.
You do the Hokey-Pokey,
And you turn yourself around.
That's what it's all about!

You put your left foot in,
You put your left foot out;
You put your left foot in,
You do the Hokey-Pokey,

You put your right hand in,
You put your right hand out;
You put your right hand in,
You do the Hokey-Pokey,

You put your left hand in,
You put your left hand out;
You put your left hand in,
You do the Hokey-Pokey,

You put your right side in,
You put your right side out;
You put your right side in,
You do the Hokey-Pokey,

You put your left side in,
You put your left side out;
You put your left side in,
You do the Hokey-Pokey,

You put your nose in,
You put your nose out;
You put your nose in,
You do the Hokey-Pokey,

You put your backside in,
You put your backside out;
You put your backside in,
You do the Hokey-Pokey,

You put your head in,
You put your head out;
You put your head in,
You do the Hokey-Pokey,

You put your whole self in,
You put your whole self out;
You put your whole self in,
You do the Hokey-Pokey,
That's what it's all about

Oh dang! I let the secret out!

carol
07-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Actually it's more like ixney on the affleray. :)

Nanci
07-23-2010, 11:13 PM
SSR .

carol
07-23-2010, 11:18 PM
SSR .

:laugh01::laugh01::laugh01:

Khaman
07-26-2010, 03:17 PM
How far away from the Ocean Center is Hometown Suites? I am considering coming to the dinner but I will probably be on foot in Daytona.

Nanci
07-26-2010, 03:25 PM
You can probably find someone at your hotel and carpool.

Khaman
07-26-2010, 03:30 PM
So I take it is definitely too far to walk.

carol
07-26-2010, 03:44 PM
It's about 4 miles.

ArpeggioAngel
07-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Yeah - I would think too far to walk. Depending on if you have anyone else staying at the same hotel as you - you could carpool with them - or just hit up someone here who is going to have a car and be at the show to catch a ride over with them.

Khaman
07-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the info. Anyone at the Hilton? :shrugs:

carol
07-26-2010, 10:31 PM
I'd suggest also asking around in this thread.....
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98563

It's probably read by more people. I wish I could help out more, I'm bumming rides the whole time I am there as well.

ArpeggioAngel
07-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Two weeks left to get your dinner plus raffle ticket!

I know we have more people who are coming who haven't bought their dinner tickets yet. Don't forget! We really need as many people as possible to confirm their tickets in advance!!

megaggie2002
08-14-2010, 12:19 AM
How will the winner be contacted?? Email? PM?

carol
08-14-2010, 01:08 AM
Whatever method they specify on their payment. :) If nothing is specified than a PM, and then an email if that doesn't work. We will probably have a live thread here from the dinner as well that is sure to include the name of the winner when it is drawn.