PDA

View Full Version : F/T Switch...no problems

F/T Switch...no problems

w00dg0blin
07-27-2010, 05:35 AM
Made the switch yesterday and was really worried about it. Zia's in blue and as far as I know has never had F/T. Still the concerns about feeding live out weigh F/T feeding so I gave it a try anyway. Thawed them, dried them, and with chop sticks held one up to him. Did I mention I don't have those big tweezer things yet? Anyway, WHAM! Took both fuzzies with no problem. In fact, this went a lot quicker than it normally does with live.

The wife seemed a little apprehensive when I mentioned using the chopsticks. Don't understand why since I don't ever recall her using them. They worked great though. I normally feed by hand and have no problem but everyone sez use tongs so when in Rome...

I'm hungry for Chinese food now :)

ShenziSixaxis
07-27-2010, 07:15 AM
Awesome! Glad it was easy! :D

And get some long tongs or SUPER LONG hemostats. Long tongs work well for corns, though I may have to get super long hemostats for BPs when I get into those as well (over to the dark side! :rofl: ). They strike crazily. xD

Sweetseraph
07-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Easy switches have been my experience so far too. Congrats!

airenlow
07-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Congrats on the easy switch and good job not feeding live anymore! Your snakes appreciate it...

w00dg0blin
07-27-2010, 04:47 PM
Gonna look for tongs or hemostats this weekend. But you know, those chopsticks worked like a charm.