• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pepper x Buzztail Granite/Bloodred Hatchlings *World Premiere!!*

Nanci

Alien Lover
First is Number One, the one I had such a hard time believing was a Granite, because that would be just too lucky!! Number One hatched yesterday.

Attachments

• Number One 07_28 004cr.jpg
    Number One 07_28 004cr.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 308
Hatchling B, also Granite!! Hatched today, 9.1 grams.

Attachments

• PB2010_01B 003cr.jpg
    PB2010_01B 003cr.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 310
Hatchling D (Biggy Fat!!) 9.8 grams, Granite.

Attachments

• PB2010_01D 001cr.jpg
    PB2010_01D 001cr.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 305
Awesome!

What were your inc. temps and how long did it take for them to pip? Im trying to figure out the mechanics behind the temp/inc. time/and baby size upon hatching.

And last for now, Hatchling E- who triangle-headed me!! Bloodred, 9.9 grams.

Attachments

• PB2010_01E 001cr.jpg
    PB2010_01E 001cr.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 299
I started out at 84F, but then turned it down a degree every time I read a post about kinking or domed heads or non-feeding babies. So right now the incubator is about 80F. The first baby came out on day 66. I feel like reweighing her, seeing as everyone is bigger today! I've probably had it at 80F for the last month. I feel like these are pretty nice-sized hatchlings. I've bought plenty of hatchlings that weighed several grams less, that had been fed a number of times.

I think if I was going to buy a pair of these, I'd get one granite and one bloodred- that way you can get fire stripes!!

Baby pile! That's Mini-Ruby and Biggy Fat squishing Ziggy (Number Three/C). Yes, I have them all memorized already...

Attachments

• Baby Pile July 28 BCDE 001cr.jpg
    Baby Pile July 28 BCDE 001cr.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 133
That would have been super exciting, John! But we're pretty happy just to see Granite! That was a bonus!!

An attempt at a blue bowl shot, but by then they had gotten warmed up and were all wild!! It seems to really wash them out, too.

Attachments

• Baby Pile July 28 BCDE 002cr.jpg
    Baby Pile July 28 BCDE 002cr.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 127
Back