PDA

View Full Version : How do adult corns behave as pets?

How do adult corns behave as pets?

LizS
06-10-2002, 05:19 PM
I've been wondering how calm and easy-going do adult corns get. My oldest corns are 10 months, and I must be on guard when I let them out or they'll take off. I'm babysitting my nephew's 14 month old ball python (32 inches long, and almost 2 inches in diameter) and she's so calm she will sit on my lap and stay there for the duration of a whole movie. Will my corns ever do that?

sue frederick
06-10-2002, 05:42 PM
corns have a different activity level than ball pythons. Your cornsnake will calm down somewhat as he gets to be an adult, but I always have to keep a vigilant eye on my adult corns. They are always on the move, always looking for somewhere else to go.
sue

Alicia
06-10-2002, 06:59 PM
I agree with what Sue said. My Snow is 5 years old and she is the only one who will calm down and be still. She was not always like that tho. I got her as an adult and she was very fidgety and had someplace she needed to be. Maybe when you are done babysitting your nephews Ball Python you will add one of your own to your collection:D

:) Alicia

CornsnakeKeeper
06-10-2002, 10:10 PM
My older one loves to explore. He gets tired every once in awhile and takes a break until something disturbs him and he wants to move again. But, he is a very calm, curious snake. My first and favorite...:D

kellyjones
06-10-2002, 11:18 PM
Hi Liz

My adult is a lot calmer than my yearling but still likes to explore. He never stays still for long but is nowhere near the pain that the little one is.