PDA

View Full Version : f/t- not the impossible mission!

f/t- not the impossible mission!

dara
02-14-2004, 06:06 PM
I know I've posted before about how my corn won't eat f/t, that I've tried a million times with a million methods (he was probably wild-caught).

But today, the pet stores had no live fuzzies so again, we buy the frozen in the hopes that a miracle will occur. I've done the teasing and the braining and all that a bunch of times before, so this time I just thawed it out and put it in the feeding tub with him. Nothing special about this particular day, just a regular ole feed day.

And lo and behold, he ate the f/t fuzzy. Made my day. These guys never fail to surprise you I guess, but my life has been made a whole lot easier (assuming that he'll eat one again!). The only thing that might have contributed (other than his mood today!) was that over the past couple months I've been giving him a lot of variation in food- mouse fuzzy, rat baby, hamster peach fuzzy, etc.- whatever the pet store had in. But whatever the reason, I am one happy camper!

Dara

Alex Dew
02-14-2004, 06:20 PM
Congratulations :cheers:

MegF.
02-14-2004, 10:33 PM
Yahoo!!!!

paulc
02-15-2004, 03:12 AM
Welldone:D
Alot less trips to the pet shop :cheers:

cowtownherper
02-16-2004, 09:16 AM
Congrats, Don't panic if he refuses a ft next time. Keep it up, He'll eat when he gets hungry.

CAV
02-17-2004, 10:51 AM
I agree with cowtown. It may take weeks to get a consistent f/t pattern established.