PDA

View Full Version : Penelope Arrives!! 2007 Hypo Plasma On Loan From Colorado Corns

Penelope Arrives!! 2007 Hypo Plasma On Loan From Colorado Corns

Nanci
08-03-2010, 10:15 PM
I unpacked this beautiful girl today and tried to get some nice pics of her, to no avail...Penelope is really a sweetheart, but it was just too hot outside to do anything with her. We'll try again some nice weekend morning.

Penelope has a date with Fred, Rosyblood, in 2011. I have never held a hypo lavblood in my hands- what a gorgeous snake! She's kind of pale pinkish-grey. The bright sun just washed out all her subtle coloration today. I can't wait to get some comparison shots with Lily, the lavblood. So alike, yet so different!!

The_Thunderer
08-04-2010, 09:41 AM
AHHHHHH, Nanci!

"Fred" has a great looking DATE! :)

Jenstar
08-04-2010, 03:02 PM
She is beautiful. :)

Nanci
08-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Here's a better picture, in morning shade. Penelope is still not on the same page as I am about photography...

Susielea
08-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Wow Nanci, she's gorgeous!!! Are you sure you won't be adding her to your collection??? ;)

Looks like Fred will be a busy boy next year! :)

Jessicat
08-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Geeze Nanci, how many of John's snakes do you have now?! :grin01:
Man, what a great guy. :D

Penelope is absolutley gorgeous, and what a pretty name! I totally understand what you mean about the washed out color. It seems like if lighter snakes are on a background which is also light, and somewhat matches their "tone" then the chance of them being correctly exposed is a bit better. Especially if your camera is on auto. Maybe that's why the second picture shows her colors a bit better?

Have you ever used a gray card when photographing light snakes?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_card