PDA

View Full Version : no scale, feeder size help?

no scale, feeder size help?

carnivorouszoo
08-04-2010, 10:25 PM
Ok, Shade is an 08 Anery something or other female. Last time I weighed her about 4 months ago before my scale broke she was around 60 grams. She has almost doubled in diameter and shed twice since then. I have her on hoppers. When I fed her tonight I had to lightly run my fingers down her sides to find the mouse inside her, just looking it was like I had not fed her. Could not even see any lump when I picked her up to put her back in her viv. So what do you say, move her up to weanling or do a hopper combo? If I do a combo, do I use a pink, peach fuzz or fuzzy as the side to her hopper? Thanks guys! I should have another scale in the next 6 weeks sometime.

ShenziSixaxis
08-04-2010, 10:50 PM
I've been feeding both my corns based on the size of their girth of their body, usually going a little more than 1.0 but not quite 1.5 times the snake's girth.

For Shade, you could either feed two hoppers or move her up; your choice, or you could use another mouse size if that feels better in your gut. I prefer to feed multiple small items when I can, but when my fuzzies went bad, I had to get what was cheapest.

carnivorouszoo
08-04-2010, 11:06 PM
Cool. I can't really afford to do a hopper and a pink so I will do a hopper and a peachy.