PDA

View Full Version : TILE AS A FLOORING

TILE AS A FLOORING

questionreality
08-05-2010, 10:02 PM
I have slate tile in the bottom of my leopard gecko tank as flooring. I have a uth on the bottom of the tank and then a piece of reptile carpet and over top of that the tile. This method seems to have been more reliable in heat control than my corn viv. Darwin is in a 20 long with uth on bottom and then reptile carpet then substrate. I was wondering if I were to build an enclosure for my corn would it be safe to use tile as a bottom as long as reptile carpet was used on the area where the uth is located? I am a newbie so just trying to kick around ideas for building a larger enclosure. Thanks for any suggestions and responses.

soccer191
08-06-2010, 12:15 PM
That is definately a fine idea for flooring. I recently built an enclosure and used tile as the flooring. It retains heat well, and cleans easily.

gob144
08-22-2010, 05:45 PM
did you stick the tiles down in anyway or just place them in?

questionreality
08-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Well in the gecko cage I already had reptile carpet down so I just measured then had tile cut to the exact measurement minus enough to be able to pry them out for cleaning.

soccer191
08-23-2010, 07:33 PM
I cemented the tiles to the bottom with construction adhesive, and then used silicone sealant all around the edges to stop water from getting under them.