PDA

View Full Version : Dark color skin

Dark color skin

svescova
02-15-2004, 07:28 AM
Just wondering my corn just shed last week from his head to about mid way down he is beautiful but after that he is dark and dull looking is this normal? How often will he shed? Thanks I'm still new at this.

Sandi:awcrap:

CornCrazy
02-15-2004, 07:34 AM
It sounds as if only half of his skin came off. You need to soak him in leukwarm water and help him remove the skin. You should also give him a moist hide in his enclosure. You can use a butter tub. Cut a hole in the lid and fill the hide with moist paper towels or sphagnum moss.

Neumann
02-15-2004, 12:10 PM
Greetings,

Your snake may not have shed properly or then again it may have. Did you examine the shed skin? Was it complete from head to tail?

Our Okeetee hatchling is whiter and brighter from her head to about halfway down, after that she's rather dark and a little gray (dull) where she should be white. She gets lighter and brigter towards the back, and front, end with every shed which for her occurs every 4-6 weeks.

Cheers,
Jason

svescova
02-15-2004, 06:51 PM
Thanks, I did examine the skin and it was in tack I guess that is just his coloring, Thanks for the infor.

Sandi

MegF.
02-15-2004, 10:30 PM
And they shed about once a month or so.