PDA

View Full Version : Scab?

Scab?

Crownz
08-20-2010, 03:33 PM
My snow flake corn has what appears to be a scab...i bought him in blue Calci-Sand,and had a almost perma blue small,small circle on his head.
Bartholomew has informed me soon after i got him on what he needs.(I have the Aspen reptile wood shavings).Ok now even 3 days after him shedding the ''Scab'' is there but looks more brown then blue, and yes,rises a bit off the surface.About the size of a 1 of his scales.

medusacoils
08-20-2010, 04:19 PM
I know exactly what your talking about. I have had two snakes form that little scab on their heads. It will heal and the head pattern will return to normal. It's just going to take time.

What I suggest is that you use a little non medicated anti-biotic ointment on the little wound. It's going to open up every time she sheds but will get smaller and smaller every time. Just keep it clean. I also suggest raising the moisture or wetting the area when you notice that she is in the blue.

Good Luck!

Wayne

Crownz
08-20-2010, 07:10 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! me an the gf have been freaking out! omg...(serious sigh some what of relief) and yes basice instinc i guess, i have been bring up the humidity a bit,wetting the cage.Im going to run to the store an get what you suggested
Thank you again Wayne

medusacoils
08-21-2010, 09:23 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! me an the gf have been freaking out! omg...(serious sigh some what of relief) and yes basice instinc i guess, i have been bring up the humidity a bit,wetting the cage.Im going to run to the store an get what you suggested
Thank you again Wayne

Glad it helped. Just make sure that he ointment is NON-medicated. The snake needs just the tiniest dab. As I mentioned, this will clear up. It just takes time. They have slow metabolisms.

As far as the humidity, that will help with shedding a bit. I would also dab some water right on the spot as soon as you see her turning blue. This is try to get it to come loose.

When I went through this with my two snakes, is that when my snake shed, it would get stuck on the scab. Which is a real pain. You are going to have to work it off.

Good Luck and let me know if you need anything else.

Wayne

Crownz
08-22-2010, 05:27 PM
It Came off last night in her shed, and i have (Dabbed) her little sore.So hopefully it will heal, it doesn't look that bad actually.Thought it was going to be very bad,but thank you again we were very high on end about it,only thing is? how do i avoid that again?it was from the sand right?