PDA

View Full Version : Missing Shed Skin?

Missing Shed Skin?

Fozzy8810
08-20-2010, 11:36 PM
I'm just curious to know where my snakes skin could have possibly gone.... My corn started his shed process about 5 days ago ( eyes were like strawberry milk etc...) and started to clear up about 2 days ago. Earlier today his eyes were completely clear, and tonight they were a dark deep red (just as if he were to shed). The main problem is that when I went to his tank and noticed his eyes, I also noticed his poop. The last time I fed him was 1 week ago. I checked under the substrate, at the top of the tank, on his furniture ( twigs and leaves) and I didn't find anything. Is there any light or explanation to this situation??? I'm confused lol.

Thank YOu : )

Jenn_Tigercat
08-20-2010, 11:40 PM
More then likely he hasn't shed yet. They go blue then clear up and look normal and then will a few days later. So more then likely he should shed any time now.

Bartholomew
08-20-2010, 11:56 PM
I agree. He'll shed somtime soon. They clear up before the actual shed.

Fozzy8810
08-21-2010, 12:25 PM
So it's still possible for him to poop before he sheds? I thought it was always after

bitsy
08-21-2010, 01:45 PM
There's no such thing as "rules" with Corns! He'll poop when he wants to - sometimes even during a shed!

WingedSweetheart
08-21-2010, 07:23 PM
I agree he hasn't shed yet. When I first got a dark colored snake and she went into a shed and then cleared back up she looked like she had shed but I couldn't find a skin. Then that very night I actually caught her in the act of shedding. :P

P.s.
For some reason I can still tell my light snakes haven't shed even when they clear up. They just look different.