PDA

View Full Version : Failed feeding attempt

Failed feeding attempt

keelygorski
08-23-2010, 01:11 PM
My baby corn had a regurge last week around two days after feeding when I was attempting to handle him. I got some great advice from the site on regurge protocol, and 8 days since last feeding, with no handling since the regurge, I attempted to feed a pinky head to my corn. He did not want it. I place it near him so I know he would see it, but he would look at it and then go back and lay down under his plant. I kept the pinky head in the tank with him 4 hours before I finally took it out because I was on my way to bed and I didnt want it to spoil. I guess my question is, when should I attempt to feed him again?

Lennycorn
08-23-2010, 01:19 PM
My baby corn had a regurge last week around two days after feeding when I was attempting to handle him. I got some great advice from the site on regurge protocol, and 8 days since last feeding, with no handling since the regurge, I attempted to feed a pinky head to my corn. He did not want it. I place it near him so I know he would see it, but he would look at it and then go back and lay down under his plant. I kept the pinky head in the tank with him 4 hours before I finally took it out because I was on my way to bed and I didnt want it to spoil. I guess my question is, when should I attempt to feed him again?

On the regular feeding schedule day. Be it every five days or so.

Dorgrim
08-25-2010, 04:10 PM
you could leave the pinky head on a paper plate in the cage (if you have a loose bedding) and leave it over night. I have had babies refuse to eat many times. I wouldn't worry :)

one or two missed meals will def not hurt the baby :)

good luck!

Nanci
08-25-2010, 05:22 PM
This is why it's easier to feed a baby in a small deli cup. It can't leave the food and forget about it.

jahman1
08-26-2010, 07:26 PM
you could leave the pinky head on a paper plate in the cage (if you have a loose bedding) and leave it over night. I have had babies refuse to eat many times. I wouldn't worry :)

one or two missed meals will def not hurt the baby :)

good luck!

I'm having problems with my baby corn eating too...what would the paper plate help with?

Thanks

bitsy
08-26-2010, 07:34 PM
It would stop bits of substrate getting stuck to the pinky and being accidentally swallowed.

Nanci
08-26-2010, 07:38 PM
From keeping it from ingesting substrate when you feed it in the viv like you're not supposed to.