PDA

View Full Version : What's Going On...

What's Going On...

IndianaCorn
02-21-2004, 02:13 PM
I've been having some problems with my 03 Striped Amel. Here's his most recent records (below)... He's always been a good eater, but then his mid section seemed a little swollen (like he had just eaten.. some kind of lump or something) and he didn't seem to have an appetite (1/20). At first I thought it was just because a shed was coming so I didn't worry about it, even though in the past he wouldn't pass up food even in the blue phase. With the swollen midsection, I first jumped to the worst case senerio and thought crypto, but someone posted in the past said the lump would be hard.. and this isn't. I then tried some GSE after he regurgitated on 2/3 (first time for him), which seemed to work because he ate after that and kept everything down.. until this last feeding. I'm not sure what's going on now, or where to go from here. I think going to vet might be my best bet, but i thought i'd post all this on here and see what everybody thought. Has anyone had a snake act like this, or have any idea what's going on? Your opinions will be appreciated!

1/4 - ate 2 Pinkies
1/13 - ate 2 Pinkies
1/17 - ate 2 Pinkies
1/31 - Shed
2/1 - wouldn't eat
2/2 - ate 1 Pinkie
2/3 - Regurgitated
2/5 - took away water
2/7 - started putting GSE in water
2/12 - ate 1 Pinkie
2/17 - ate 1 Pinkie
2/19 - Regurgitated

Please Help,
IndianaCorn

MegF.
02-21-2004, 03:25 PM
Sounds like a case for a vet to me. I'd hate to lose my snake because I waited on a serious problem.

IndianaCorn
02-22-2004, 12:27 PM
Thanks MegF. I completely agree... I was just wondering if anyone had any idea of possible causes, situations like this they've dealt with, or any other possible solutions to the problem?

IndianaCorn

MegF.
02-22-2004, 06:12 PM
I think you'll find a bunch of posts on lumps in the gut. I recall seeing a few posts on the subject. You could probably do a search on here and find it.