PDA

View Full Version : First regurge.....

First regurge.....

onmytoes_99
09-03-2010, 04:26 PM
Hey all, I'm pretty sure my Stella regurged due to the food being too large...what is the best way to get back into feeding to make sure she is ok? I know the research I've done says to wait 8-10 days and then give her part of a pinkie, would it be ok to give her a full pinkie right away? I know that it also says that the food you give them should be about half the size of what they regurged....just need some advice I'm a newbie at this and although I've done a lot of researching not all of the advice is the same....I've had my baby for about 5 months and love her so much I want to make sure I'm doing what I need to be doing for her. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!!

Vicic17
09-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Hey.

I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with this, i would imagine it's pretty unpleasant to deal with, and i can't imagine how upsetting it would be. I would say that the research you have done sounds pretty solid, wait a while and then just feed part of a pinkie, it may also be unpleasent to cut up a little tiny mouse like that, but 'harming' a dead pinkie is better than harming your poor snake. i'd start off with part of a pinkie, if your little soldier is fine with it, maybe give her the rest? but IMHO start small, (less chance at causing harm)

keep me updated, i hope your baby is okay!

onmytoes_99
09-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Thank you for your advice. I'm going to try to feed her again in the next day or so...waiting to see if she's about to shed...she's been hiding a lot the past few days. I think she's doing pretty good though. I'll keep you updated.

Nanci
09-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Wait 8-10 days, feed a prey item half the size of what she regurged. If she regurged a pink, I'd feed either a pinky head or a pink cut in half lengthwise. Then gradually work back up to a whole pink. Like, if you feed her just a head this time, then next time feed the rest of the pink, in two pieces. Then feed a whole (small) pink, cut into thirds. You want to have pieces of pinks for a long time now. When you do get back to whole mice, make sure you are cutting lots of slits in them. This makes them easy to digest.

onmytoes_99
09-13-2010, 02:15 AM
I waited ten days and then fed her again, I went with the half size of what she regurged so she had a small pinkie. She did great with it....I think it was partly because she was getting ready to shed...checked on her this morning and she had done so...either that or she is just picky and doesn't like fuzzies...not sure but will probably just keep feeding her pinkies for awhile one a week for a couple weeks to make sure she doesn't have any more problems...Thanks all for the advice!!