• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snake having problems shedding - soak or wait?

rmnypt

Hello once again. Our little corn just started shedding for the first time under out care this morning. The problem is that it didn't start on the tip of his snout, it started just after his head and he is rubbing his nose around the aquarium like crazy. I'm afraid the poor little guy is going to hurt himself. The piece of shed that has come off after his head is around an inch long but it's not catching on any of the hides or anything so I feel like he's just trying in vain. So should I go ahead and soak or not? I'm worried about the little guy/girl and don't want him to get hurt.

Thanks
Becky

Pop a humid hide in with him and see if he uses it. Once the old skin dries out it sticks, so worth taking a little action now. Maybe not a soak until tomorrow though, as he still might still be able to get shot of it today.

Thanks for the reply Bitsy. We gave him/her a little more time and he/she was able to shed completely by him/herself. It came off in 3 pieces but both eyecaps and the tail shed so I'm relieved. Thanks again.

That's good news. It's always nerve-wracking when they decide to shed in pieces!

Back