PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!!

Finally!!!

5timestwisted
09-05-2010, 11:12 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who has posted in this fourm about feeding tips & tricks, my lil runt Owen ( snow ) finally ate his first meal after 4 weeks!! Hopefully it stays down, i'll check on him in the morning.

I used the chicken broth trick... defrosted the pink in hot hot water, then nuked a bit of broth and dropped the pink in for 30 seconds, dryed it off on a paper towel and placed Owen and the pink in his feeding cup. It only took about a min and the pink was gone. I feel like a proud papa! :crazy02:

P.s. - I even poked at the pink as it was sitting in the broth with a sewing needle!! lol I've been watching to much BBQ Pit Masters!! Peace!

Bartholomew
09-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Congrats!!

WingedSweetheart
09-05-2010, 11:19 PM
LOL I'm glad your little one ate for it. I know it must be such a relief. Also if it stays down and he decides to go on a hunger strike again at least you know he won't starve anytime soon. But hopefully you won't have to go through that and he will eat every time. Just keep your fingers crossed!

5timestwisted
09-05-2010, 11:23 PM
LOL I'm glad your little one ate for it. I know it must be such a relief. Also if it stays down and he decides to go on a hunger strike again at least you know he won't starve anytime soon. But hopefully you won't have to go through that and he will eat every time. Just keep your fingers crossed!

Relief is right, i have a 14 year old daughter and a 11 year old son and i haven't felt this worried about a sicky not eating in a long time!! lol Thanks!

vetusvates
09-06-2010, 12:09 AM
Congratulations!

Just don't 'cook' the pink. Too much too hot water for too long cooks the pinkie, which is more difficult to digest, which results in decay overtaking digestion, which can result in regurgitation. Not harping, just a friendly pointer.

5timestwisted
09-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Congratulations!

Just don't 'cook' the pink. Too much too hot water for too long cooks the pinkie, which is more difficult to digest, which results in decay overtaking digestion, which can result in regurgitation. Not harping, just a friendly pointer.

I'm used to the harping, im married.. lol but no worries i posted the times i did this and that with the hopes some of you pro's would do just what you did.. harp nicely to inform me of anything i did wrong or should try diff! Its all gooood!! Peace!

Dave.

5timestwisted
09-07-2010, 09:04 PM
3 days after feed and no regurge!!! Phewww! Took Owen out tonight for a lil inspection of his cage and to make sure he didn't spit the pink out in one of his hides, ALL IS GOOD! Thanks Peeps! Pea:dancer:ce!