PDA

View Full Version : ok now im worried

ok now im worried

1997snake
09-08-2010, 03:45 PM
im i the mid of feeding and he showed some interest but isnt eating, should i wait a lil longer or what???? :uhoh:

1997snake
09-08-2010, 03:49 PM
omg i think he ate!! i think i see a lump im pretty sure ut the pinkie i put in isnt there so he mustve!! so yay and thanks to all who helped me

1997snake
09-09-2010, 06:31 AM
now i see why the lady had said he might shed soon, his eyes are clouding over and he ate only one pinkie, its either that or that i cut the pinkie when i fed it to him, he had showed little interest in the gutted one. But he doesnt like to move, is that because he just ate, because he will shed soon, or what.

1997snake
09-09-2010, 06:32 AM
i said the last one wrong.... i wanted to feed him two. the first he ate, the second he didnt... i gutted the second

bitsy
09-09-2010, 07:08 AM
He might have refused the second one because he's about to shed. Some don't eat at all during the shedding process.

As he's about to shed, he'll be extra nervous as he can't see properly (they shed the scales over their eyes). Make sure he has plenty of hiding places to choose from and leave him in peace to digest and shed. In your place, I wouldn't handle him or disturb him at all until after he sheds, apart from changing the water or spot-cleaning poop.

BTW, his eyes will be cloudy for a few days ("in blue"), then he'll go back to his normal colours for a couple of days before he actually sheds. Sometimes people see the normal colours and think they've missed the shed, but that just means it will happen very soon. It's still important to not disturb him until he actually sheds.

Sounds like all is going well so far!

1997snake
09-09-2010, 07:35 PM
yeah now i get why he wont leave his fav log... hes been there for like 18 hours... he has 2 hides and water dishes, should i put more? btw he has a hut log, and this big double moss log, aspen bedding, and a 20 gallon tank to himself

Dorgrim
09-09-2010, 09:53 PM
lol

yay!

most of my snakes never leave their hides :p

they just sleep all day and shift in the night to the warm or the cool side lol