PDA

View Full Version : Poop?

Poop?

Black_Shark
09-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Hey all,

I have my hatchling corn in a 10 gallon vivarium (3 sides are covered with black duct tape on the outside, 2-3 inches of Kaytee Aspen bedding, 6 hides [2 cocunut hides, 3 tiolet paper roll, one large plant with hide underneath. 2 on cool side, 2 on hot side and 2 in the middle, large plant in the middle with leaves, etc for cover/hide, water bowl. 83.7-84.6 hot side temps and 73.4-76 degree cool side temps humidity anywhere from high 50's to low 60's) Ive had him for over a month and I've seen him poop once maybe twice. He eats a pinky every 5 days though im going to be moving him up to 2 pinkies every 5 days starting this week. I'm just concerned I dont see any poop. Any Ideas?

Nanci
09-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Baby snake poop is so small that it is very difficult to find. I wouldn't worry about it.

Dorgrim
09-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Excatly what nanci said :)

Baby snake poop is usually just a dark brown/blackish smear about the size of your pinky nail if not smaller! It is so hard to see!

with my babies, unless they are in deli cups or i am cleaning out the whole viv, i usually cant find them at all!

i wouldnt worry unless you start to notice abnormal behavior, lethargy and what not. Just a case of the mystery poo hiding :P

dwyn127
09-11-2010, 10:09 PM
I'm sure he's pooped plenty. I'd have a hard enough time finding your animal in that forest nevermind the poop. :rofl:

bitsy
09-12-2010, 06:36 AM
Ah, stealth poop - it's a favourite tactic! Even the adults will try it. Usually in the farthest corner of their viv or tank, in the middle of some plastic foliage or behind a hide. At least the smell usually gives them away so you know to keep looking...

WingedSweetheart
09-12-2010, 07:29 AM
Sometimes my babies poo blends in really well with the aspen. I just recently moved her to aspen. When I first got her for the first 2 months I had her on white paper towels so I could keep track of poo just in case something were to be wrong with her (since she came from a pet shop). So if you are really worried maybe switch to paper towels or newspaper (though it think it may be a little harder to tell on it) for a little while and you'll be able to see it better and know for sure if you snake is or isn't pooping.

Susan
09-12-2010, 08:13 AM
Try holding your hatchling while wearing a new shirt or while sitting on your bed. Better yet, let your significant other hold your snake. The poop will quickly become evident.

Black_Shark
09-13-2010, 02:24 PM
Try holding your hatchling while wearing a new shirt or while sitting on your bed. Better yet, let your significant other hold your snake. The poop will quickly become evident.

Haha, when I first got him I had on a new shirt and your prediction was correct! :laugh01: