• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

regurging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

envy13

lost please help
my amel keeps regurgitating i fed it fuzzies which she gets down just fine but doesn't keep it down the only change i have really made is the addition of a day light she seems to not like at all i'm thinking because she is albino i put the light so it is indirect but she has regurgitated the last 2 feedings but its not the day of or the day after but the day after that in which she finally regurgitates i'm going to fed again soon and would like to avoid her regurgitating again the thawing method i use is submersion in warm water she also had a bad shed but its all good now my other snake is an opal and is smaller and eats 2 pinkies just fine never regurgitates i keep them in separate tanks A because they haven't been probed and B because of this regurgitation problem

First of, light really isnt necessary for the snake. I only use a lamp when its too dark and I want to see the snake. But they dont need a 'lighting schedule'. Not sure if the light is causing the snake to regurgitate.
You shouldn't feed the snake after it has regurgitated. You have to wait 8 or 10 days (i cant remember) before trying to feed the snake again. That may cause some other problems to the snake.
Also, be sure the mouse is completely thawed out. COMPLETLEY!
I have not had experience with a snake that has regurgitated, so i'm going to let someone ealse tell you more about that topic.

i do wait about a week before trying to feed again i hope she has digested enough to sustain i thought about trying to give her 2 pinkies instead of one fuzzy idk if that would make a difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back