PDA

View Full Version : One of my two Corn snakes are dead!

One of my two Corn snakes are dead!

Grant.
09-20-2010, 01:02 PM
I had two corn snakes an Amber corn snake called Hebi & a Okeetee called Jiyaaku, After a few months and he was doing fine and really active and easily handled i just came home to find him upside down in the center of his cage dead. Any ideas to what could have happened??

MotleyCrue
09-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Very sorry to hear this ans I am sure more people will ask the same questions. Any changes in behavior/food/vivarium lately? Sprayed any pesticides? Or know of anyone who sprayed any? Do you live alone or are there others in your house who may have had access to the snakes?

Again, very sorry to hear :(

Kuzco
09-20-2010, 01:57 PM
changes in the temperature? Dirty water? No water? New people holding him?

bitsy
09-20-2010, 02:03 PM
How's the heat looking? Could there have been a heat spike or a powercut?

How old was the snake that passed? When did it last eat and what did it have?

Sorry - lots of questions I know. I doubt that we can come up with any definitive answer but we may come up with some ideas that sound possible.

Grant.
09-20-2010, 03:02 PM
Nothing was changed, no new people handled him, The water gets cleaned and changed regularly, Last time he ate was a few days before and he ate his usual two pinkies also he was several months old.

MotleyCrue
09-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Very Strange. Do you live alone? In an apartment or a house? Sometimes an angry landlord or girlfriend can do very mean, strange things. Not saying that's what happened, but my first guess is someone being very mean.

My second guess would be that mother nature is just cruel and things die. :(

Please let us know what you find out.

Grant.
09-20-2010, 03:52 PM
I am guessing that it is mother nature because i stay in a home with my family however none of them have access to my room

bitsy
09-21-2010, 04:12 AM
Sometimes hatchlings have developmental problems internally that don't become obvious until they start to grow. They look perfectly healthy and then just die for no apparent reason.

Given that nobody else can get into the room and your other snake is fine, I think Mother Nature has just thrown you a curve ball. What a rotten start for you - my synpathies.

Grant.
10-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Honestly its fine, i am still left with a beautiful Aztec, Called Jiyaaku haha, Which i got for quite a small amount however he could easily breed and sell of some lovely Aztecs.