PDA

View Full Version : snake constapation

snake constapation

coralife205
09-26-2010, 10:03 PM
okay people I have a problem.

the last time i fed my snake was around thursday, september 16th...becasue im trying to 'starve' her to swiitch to f/t.

I started seeing those 'hips' and so i thought she could be obese... I asked my co worker at work (petsmart) and he said it could be constapated...He told me to soak it in warm water...well i just did it. and almost immedetly it let out a big stool about an inch and a half long...underwater, and it looked normel, except that it dident spread everywhere like it normaly would. it came out as one big, twisted chunk. ..thats obviously an entire mouse...the snake has been getting ready to shed these lsat few days...but still, it has been about 10 days and it has not fully digested yet until i just 'forced' or 'helped' it too??????

am i mistaken in thinking there is something wrong????? cause i thought snakes digest in a 5 day period...and this last mouse, you could still see the lump after 2 days...it has eaten mice about that same size for a few months with out any problems before...at least i think..

coralife205
09-26-2010, 10:04 PM
I feed live mice (i know, and see my thread on live food to understand why),

coralife205
09-26-2010, 10:06 PM
AND my thread on obesity.

and should i wait until october to feed her again?

bitsy
09-27-2010, 03:41 AM
I think the fact that the snake was preparing to shed might be the answer, if it's been eating/digesting normally before that.

If you're concerned then it won't hurt to leave the next feeding until after the process is complete. Most Corns seem to cope with eating/digesting during feeding without problems. Some refuse food completely until they've shed. Perhaps you've come across something that's a quirk for your own beastie.