PDA

View Full Version : Is she gona be okay?

Is she gona be okay?

Nitelion94
10-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Hello. my snake ate her pinkie backwards and im worried. idk if thats bad or what

tirevy
10-09-2010, 07:50 PM
That's fine. Mine used to do that all the time. She eventually started eating them nose-first.

dionythicus
10-09-2010, 07:51 PM
They're called butt-munchers when they eat the mouse butt first. Nothing to worry about. Its always worth a laugh when they do that.

Beothon Lover
10-09-2010, 07:58 PM
i've had several my snake eat their food butt first..i call them 'butt munchers'. its ok for them to eat the prey backwards...wont hurt them any. may take a bit longer to swallow but it wont hurt them any.

Nanci
10-09-2010, 08:12 PM
They can't determine which end is which until the mouse has fur. The way they tell is by feeling for the hard skull and feeling the direction of the fur. There's a really cool Snake Bytes TV episode where they try to trick all different sizes/kinds of snakes into taking the prey tail first. They could only get the snakes who were eating pinks to do it. It was a recent episode.

Fatman608
10-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Hey Nitelion94,

This is serious business you got to stop it now or your snake will poop the pinky backwards. Have you ever seen backward poop? The poop goes from brown to brown and not the normal way of brown to brown. There is no way of stopping it now but next time get a left handed pinky because the problem is you are feeding right handed pinkies.

I had the same problem but with nails. I would reach into the bag and pull out a right handed nail when I needed a left handed nail because of that I never got the sheetrock on the garage walls. The guy at Lowe's will not sell me left handed nails either.

Love the Fatman

Vicic17
10-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Hey Nitelion94,

This is serious business you got to stop it now or your snake will poop the pinky backwards. Have you ever seen backward poop? The poop goes from brown to brown and not the normal way of brown to brown. There is no way of stopping it now but next time get a left handed pinky because the problem is you are feeding right handed pinkies.

I had the same problem but with nails. I would reach into the bag and pull out a right handed nail when I needed a left handed nail because of that I never got the sheetrock on the garage walls. The guy at Lowe's will not sell me left handed nails either.

Love the Fatman

LOL i love you Fatman.

Jdog3131
10-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Hey Nitelion94,

Love the Fatman
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::rofl mao:I HAVE SEEN BACKWARDS POO I HATE THE PEOPLE AT THE SHOP TO MANY LEFT HANDED MICE LOL you are easily the funniest person on here

Nitelion94
10-10-2010, 09:08 AM
its the 2nd time ive fed her. she did fine the first time but this time she was still in my hand when she struck the mouse. she hit it in the head but by the time i got her off my hand she let go and bit the butt

Jdog3131
10-10-2010, 11:42 AM
it doesn't matter

josie
10-10-2010, 12:51 PM
My butter is a butt muncher. He eats butt first every time. The other three aren't that picky, what ever end they grab is what goes in first. It's nothing to worry about.

carnivorouszoo
10-10-2010, 04:18 PM
My snakes don't seem to care, even the ones eating mice with fur. If they go all "kill kill kill" and do a major strike they start swallowing whatever end is closest to their mouths. When they take their time though they do look for the head. Its fun waiting to see which they will do each feed :) As long as they are not getting live either way is perfectly safe.