• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

NEED ADVICEEE!!!!

bambam1313

animal lover :)
My snake is five years old... And she had all signs of going to shed ... I went away for a night and when I came home she had no caps over her eyes or nothing ... I thought she shed but I couldn't find the shedded skin anywhere ... I feel like I should worry about this ??

Also .. She won't eat its been 3 weeks I figured it was due to her goiing to shed but for some reason she turns away from the mouse and won't go near it .... Its been ever since I moved backhome outta my apartment ... She seems fine and normal same as she always was but she still rather be in the cold then the heat and she won't eat ... I'm really worried I kno snakes can go a month without eating but usually she'll eat once a week or once every two weeks ..

Can someone please help me out here please !!

Thanks
,Xo*

Sorry you did ask for advice, My advice is to buy two books

Corn Snakes - The Comprehensive Owner's Guide by Kathy Love

Corn Snakes in Captivity by Don Soderberg

I know, I am a Fat Texas Redneck Nerd reading those books.

Love the Fatman

My main conserin is the fact she lost her blueish opeg colour and that ... She's been hiding a lot more and when I take her ouit she hides in my blanket more and I read a book I forget the name I think itt was the first one u mentioned by kathy love !

And her eyes are back to the brownish blafck they aways were they weere completely capped over before I left one day when I came home next night she looked like she shed ..

OK - if you reread the book Kathy took the time to write you see that when a snake sheds they first get that grey or blue look then it goes clear until they shed. The time in between grey or blue and shed is as little as I forget and as long as I forgot that too.

Sorry memory loss, I need to reread the book too.

Love the Fatman

Well she was turning like. That for about five days til I noticed that her eyes looked fully caPped with the blueish grey colour .. This is the second day she's looked like her normal colour ... Do u think it should take her. This long or is that unnormal !? Cuz its unnormal for her to be hiding this much I find... She don't wanna be near me either usually she'll go up around my arm or neck she goes straigfht of me to my bed and hides in the blankets lol

Everything that you are describing is normal for a shed. They usually start acting funny a few days before you notice that they are in the blue. Then they go in the blue. I call that my aaawww moment cause it explains all the wired behavior. They will stay in that stage for a few days and they will look like they have shed but didn't. What kind of snake is it? With the lighter snakes it is really hard darn near impossible to tell when they are about to shed unless you happen to catch them in the blue. Don't worry about all the weird behavior just yet. They are always more scared and flighty with they are in shed. It is harder for them to see so they resort to staying in their hide and not coming out.

There can usually be several days - sometimes up to a week - between going back to their normal colour and actually shedding. The behaviour you describe (including refusal to feed) is typical of a snake coming up to a shed.

Don't worry - you should be seeing a shed in the next few days. If you're concerned, you could always put a humid hide in with her to help.

If you do get the entire shed stuck on her in some way, then it should be pretty obvious. She'll take on a kind of wrinkly appearance.

Hey bambam1313,

I maybe wrong about the shed you might want to take the snake to a good Herp Vet to be checked out. A Vet check by a good Herp. Vet can not hurt the snake.

Love the Fatman

What you've described sounds perfectly normal. My snakes, including my ghost, go 'blue, and then clear for a week or a little more before finally shedding.

GOOD NEWS

Just came home and she's shedding .. Don't kno how long she's been shedding for cause she's only shedded like a foot and she's a little over 3 feet

BAD NEWS

It looks like where's a inch of part of the foot of shedding so far that looks like never came off her ...

When she's fully shed,will o be able to notice the piece that didn't shed off her and would the zoo-med shedding wipes work?? Ill update when she's fully shed .. Just first time with the snake shedding, the guy I bought her off of last month asured me she's perfectly healty and whatnot and my friend who's uncle had snakes looked at her and everything for me .. Just need to kno what to do about it when she's done

Thanks guys

Also the whole skin so far is ripped one long line throguht it I just looked and its most of her shed not only just a foot..

I'd wait until she is completely done shedding then get a damp washcloth and let her run through that a few times. It might help the stuck piece.

I have used the zoomed shed spray but not on a snake so im not sure how well it would work.

She's done shedding I checked the shed and her ... The shed is broke apart in one part and almost shed is split... I also checked her and she don't look like there is any pieces tried damp cloth to didn't notice any then either .. The girl at the pet store told me to try to feed her right after she's done shedding one of the mice a few weeks ago tried to attack her and since then she won't strike at the mouse or anything I wondering what to do ... I was told it was nothing to do with that it was to do with her shedding ... She seems perfectly heathly!

Also she just took a big crap and is trying to escape the tank .. Lol ... As of right now she's going around the tank hitting her nose of the tank and top of tank trying to get out ... She's after calming down a bit thought but I only seen her once doing this before ... She's just going from one side of the tank to the other trying to escape...

Also forgot to add she's in her rock trying to lift the rock up and she's trying to dig .. She's calm with me or my boyfriend rubbing her down

Is she housed with another snake? Do you see any skin left on her or do you just see the shed is mangled? Looking at the shed do you see the eye caps and tail?

Back