PDA

View Full Version : Hypo striped with bumps on the spine

Hypo striped with bumps on the spine

HazAnga
10-17-2010, 08:57 PM
ok well I have a Hypo stripe and when i got it it was fine, and then one day the tail looked as if something pinched it... weird cuzz there's nothing that it could have done that on. but then later on, weeks or w/e have gone by and i notice that he has bumps along the spine, starting from the tail and going up to about midbody. like he's perfectly healthy, eats fine. I just want to know what's wrong with him... how can something like that happen, it's not like it's just one little spot it's like half his body. I'll put a couple pictures up so you can see what I'm talking about.

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k491/HazAnga/Hypo%20Striped/IMAG0122.jpg

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k491/HazAnga/Hypo%20Striped/IMAG0123.jpg

Shiari
10-17-2010, 09:02 PM
While I don't know why he developed that, those are spinal kinks.

HazAnga
10-17-2010, 09:04 PM
ok is there anyway of helping him git rid of those? is it deadly in anyway? is it reversably in anyway?
I realize i am trying to find him a new home because I am kind of short on room right now, but it still concerns me.

Shiari
10-17-2010, 09:18 PM
Deadly, not unless it prevents him from eating or defecating, but that usually requires really severe kinking. Reversable, I do not believe so. Will it progress? Hard to say.

HazAnga
10-17-2010, 09:19 PM
ok thank you so much

Jessicat
10-18-2010, 03:47 PM
That's too bad! I wonder if he had them from birth but they weren't noticeable until he gained some weight..

Any way to contact the breeder to see if s/he has any more information?

Hopefully they won't affect your little guy too much..
Also, it looks like he has a REALLY nice set up. Any way you could post a picture of the full tank? I really like what I see, nice wood piece, and is that a real plant?

ShenziSixaxis
10-18-2010, 04:40 PM
Those are kinks? Comes across to me as some sort of swelling or cyst/abscess/tumor/ect.

Tinkerbeller87
10-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Those are kinks? Comes across to me as some sort of swelling or cyst/abscess/tumor/ect.

This was my guess too. Maybe you should try to take it to a vet, cuz if it is a cyst or an abcess they will be able to help you.

HazAnga
10-18-2010, 05:45 PM
well it goes up the spine from the tail... and they are on the tail, i believe Shiari when she says they are kinks, if they were cyst, or swelling or tumor it would be more to one spot would it not?
I unfortunatly don't have money to take it to a vet, because they charge an arm and a leg and at this point in time i can't even spare that... gotta baby on the way and he's gotta come first unfortunatly

Rdoyle
10-19-2010, 02:51 AM
cyst are soft. I think kinks maybe hard. soo if it soft you might bring it to the vet if you have the funds for it.

HazAnga
10-19-2010, 06:32 AM
They are hard. It feels like they are kinks in the spine unfortunatly... :(