PDA

View Full Version : Live Pinkies in Metro Detroit?

Live Pinkies in Metro Detroit?

OldDetroit
10-18-2010, 02:52 AM
I have a few problem feeders I'm trying to convince to eat. I've tried some things with f/t, but they won't pay any attention to them. I'm willing to try live just to get something in them for now, but I'm having trouble finding them. Anyone know where I can find them?

OldDetroit
10-18-2010, 05:23 AM
Just more information. I've tried f/t heated until they were warm, brained and split. Zombie danced them around for a bit and then left them with the snake and covered the bin with a towel.

2 of the problem feeders have eaten both times I've offered, most recently as soon as I stuck the pinkie in front of them. 2 ate last week, 1 ravenously with little effort, but this week both decided not to. I'm not too worried about them as they took f/t once, missing this week may just be a fluke, because of a coming shed, or some other random reason, but they should eat again. It's the last 3 that I'm worried about. Ignored f/t both times I've tried.

I normally buy feeders from Tropical Fish Pond in Royal Oak, but as of Saturday their smallest pinkie was closer in size to a fuzzy and too big for a baby corn. Any ideas on where to go to find small, live pinkies or other things to do to f/t to help are more than welcome. Thank you.

bsmith359
11-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Stingers Exotics on Plymouth Rd and Farmington In Livonia.

Something Fishy on Wayne Rd, South of Cherry Hill in Westland

Chip
11-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Braining, KFC chicken grease, tuna juice, deli cup feeding, take the snake on a car ride (works sometimes!), even washing and drying the f/t pink will often work. The most important thing is keep offering frozen. At some point most every corn will start to take them. Offer food at unusual times of day and night, too. There's no "recipe" that works with every snake, but I try those methods first. As a last resort, scenting with lizard, etc. can work, but it can be even harder getting them off of that scent. I'll usually euthanize/let them die before I'll go to those measures, but when it's time to stop trying depends on the person (and snake involved.)