PDA

View Full Version : Partial Regurge?

Partial Regurge?

Christen
11-03-2010, 11:56 AM
Ok one of my hatchling did something odd the other night, I have never seen anything like that and I don't understand why she did it.

But the other night when offered food she went over sniffed it and curled up on the other side of her tub. Thought maybe it started to cool a little so I put it back in water for a couple seconds and offered it to her again. She has always been a great eater. This time she did go right up to it and started eating but when she got to the tail she started to regurge it. Once she had it all the way out except the head she started eating it again and this time with out a problem.:shrugs:

I know all my girls were acting a little funny that night. Another hatchling needed to be teased fed and that one sat coiled on top of her food for the longest time. The only difference in feeding night was the food. The pinkies were black mice. Of course my husband said "That's it you have to get rid of that one, she is racist" (we have a very interracial family) So I don't know. Has anyone else seen anything like that? Or have an idea why she would do that? I thought maybe it was as simple as it wasn't going down right.

Christen
11-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Ok just went to check on the babies and she shed. I must have caught her in the clear eye stage so I didn't notice. But on the bright side she was a nice clean shed. She has not had one yet. Her first couple were bad and she ripped out scales so I am really glad that she did this one all on her own and it was perfect.

toxiclight
11-05-2010, 10:36 AM
[QUOTE=cmalchow;1219932 The only difference in feeding night was the food. The pinkies were black mice. Of course my husband said "That's it you have to get rid of that one, she is racist" (we have a very interracial family) So I don't know.[/QUOTE]

This made me giggle a bit, as the red-tail Boa we used to have would refuse any but white rats (we got a few with light-brown splotches on a couple times, and he refused them too unless we fed him in the dark). The couple times we could only get darker rats, we had to wait for night and feed him with the lights out or he would refuse them.

As for partially regurging and then eating...it's possible she just had it poorly positioned and needed to fix it, since she ate normally after that.