PDA

View Full Version : will it eat?

will it eat?

Jay633
11-30-2010, 11:48 PM
when a small corn (26Grams) is on fuzzies, does it really take 5+ days to fully digest? and also will they eat again even if they have not pooped out their last meal??

bitsy
12-01-2010, 05:23 AM
It differs between snakes. 5+ days is pretty long but not unknown, especially if they've just gone up a food size. Sometimes it takes a while for their digestion to gear up to the new food. Yes, they can and will eat before pooping the last one.

Check the temperature on the floor at the warm side with a digital thermometer. Sometimes temps at the low end of the range can slow digestion down. Also, if they're coming up to a shed they can hold it in until after they shed... Then watch out, cos you'll wonder who let the Shetland Pony into the tank!

If it's around the 85-88 mark and he's not due a shed, then you may just have a slowcoach on your hands. Watch for signs of impaction or constipation - you could see a bulge develop below the stomach.

atmox
12-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Yes it will eat, but will it blend? jk

My snake had this when i moved up to fuzzys, it took 5 days for him to poop but now he's pooping again after 3 days.

Jay633
12-01-2010, 09:58 PM
yeah i dont know what to do, all temps are good, and last time it ate ,was 7 days ago, in a deli cup. i tried feeding it yesterday and today in a little deli cup too, and it just does not want to EAT. i dont want it to die, i want to see it grow!!! what to do

sacr3d bl0od
12-01-2010, 11:06 PM
lol dont worry until about a month or so comes by when the snake is hungry he/she will eat same with mine and if it comes to it brain or cut the mouse it always does the trick with me.

danielle
12-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Snakes can go months without food and be just fine. Putting a few slits in the prey item, feeding at night in a quiet dark room with no peeking, and leaving the item overnight all help to encourage eating. Trying too often can be counterproductive and cause them more stress prolonging eating. I would wait another 3 days at the very least, put some slits in that fuzzy, warm it up until it is really hot, and pop it into the cage in a deli cup covering the cage and not checking again until morning:)