PDA

View Full Version : Question about a peach fuzzy

Question about a peach fuzzy

TheJadeReptile
12-09-2010, 04:15 PM
I have used the search function and I can not find what I am looking for. Or maybe I am not looking enough. :shrugs:

Well anyway, Mr. Snakey is eating usually two F/T pinkies every Sunday. I tried a F/T peach fuzzy I got from a local pet store. He had some trouble with the front legs of the peach fuzzy and constricted it. He got it down and I waited a little bit. Before I put him back in his viv. Well, he completely digested it and pooped on his water bowl two days later. That same week he turned blue and shed. I have another frozen peach fuzzy I thought about giving him. Would it be safe to give it to him? If it is, should I cut the front legs of the peach fuzzy off? Or is it okay to leave it like it is?

Haarstad
12-09-2010, 05:12 PM
If he got it down last time with out TOO much trouble, i would just feed it to him but if it looked like too much of a struggle them go ahead and cut the front legs off. It won't hurt to cut them off to be on the safe side though. But ultimately, it's up to you, judging from the last time you fed him

TheJadeReptile
12-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Well, for each pinkies it takes him 5 to 10 minutes. The peach fuzzy took him about 30 to 40 minutes, because of the front legs. And my mother makes me worry. Every time I mention feeding him the peach fuzzy she freaks talking about the legs, about how big it is, etc. I just wanted to double check.

Haarstad
12-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Then go ahead and cut them off, better safe than sorry :)

TheJadeReptile
12-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Okay, thanks! Like I said I wanted a second opinion. My mother is so worrisome, she worries about my snake more than I do, and that worries me. lol

Haarstad
12-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Oh i know what you mean, it just makes you second guess lol

Dreamsnake
12-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Moms like to worry. Cut the legs off and cut slits in its back to aid digestion. How big is he? I was wondering if I should start my male on 2 fuzzies instead of one.

TheJadeReptile
12-13-2010, 12:30 PM
That is so true. I will defiantly cut the front legs off. He is about 18-20 inches. I have been trying to weigh him, but he wouldn't stop moving.

rexracer
12-13-2010, 12:33 PM
I weigh in my feeding container. Just put the container on the scale, and most digitals will automatically zero on startup. Then you just put your snake in the container and read the weight.

Nanci
12-13-2010, 01:31 PM
They figure out how to deal with the legs eventually. Most seem to eat more slowly when they move up a size, and then they get more efficient the more often they eat the bigger mice. But cut them off if they make you nervous!

TheJadeReptile
12-15-2010, 06:29 PM
I got some measurements. He is 16-17 inches and weighs 16.7 grams. Is that good?

I'm not really nervous. I have confidence in him. My mother is like "I don't think he can handle that fuzzy. I mean he eats the pinkies one at a time." That gets me thinking and worrying and freaking out.

Kronos
12-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Of course he eats them one at at a time. Does your mother think he should eat them both at the same time? :D If he got the peach fuzzy down okay the first time, it should be okay the next time. I wouldn't worry about the front legs. Sometimes they take longer to eat than we think they should.

TheJadeReptile
12-15-2010, 07:12 PM
He gets it down fine. It just takes him forever to get his mouth just right to get down past the front legs.