PDA

View Full Version : one problem after another :(

one problem after another :(

AlexEarl
12-12-2010, 07:30 PM
today when i got back home, i checked up on all my snakes. i looked at diablo (the snake that is growing the fastest, shedding the most frequent and has the perfect eating schedule), yet the only problem he has is with the tail tip when he sheds. i normally get it off early but this time i didnt notice it till tonight (about 15 days after he shed). so i started to remove it like i always do by running my fingers along his tail gently. it came off but then all of a sudden a red colour appeared about 2mm big. at first i thought it was blood but i touched it and nothing came off on my fingers, so i put him in a tub with warm water and it is still there. any idea what this could be? (unfortunately i do not have a camera powerful enough on me to take a picture and post it)

Lennycorn
12-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Not sure but I'm guessing it just sore from being restricted.
Maybe like a blood blister.

AlexEarl
12-12-2010, 08:08 PM
yer i put him in the tub with the water again and it magnified it (completely by luck that this happened) and the tip of his tail looks a tiny bit thinner (with a little drop) hopefully this will inflate out now it is free

Dreamsnake
12-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Sounds like a blister. If you put ointment on it make sure it is the kind that doesn't have anything for pain. I'm not sure what your stores carry. Keep your eye on it for a few days. My snow has the tip of his tail kinked and I usually shed that part for him. What would these guys do without us?

AlexEarl
12-12-2010, 08:27 PM
yer i know, considering they have been around for thousands of years and surviving perfectly they do get a lot of problems :P ill ask the reptile shop tomorrow to see what they suggest

AlexEarl
12-13-2010, 12:50 PM
turns out it was a scale that had been ripped off, he gave me some Tamodine to apply on it to help it heal and stay clean

what a worry snakes can be