PDA

View Full Version : Heater

Heater

zr1988
06-14-2002, 10:37 AM
Do you use somekind of heater?

Katie
06-14-2002, 10:53 AM
Some kind of heater for what? I assume you're asking if you have to provide heat for cornsnakes and the answer is yes. Most people use undertank heaters that you can buy at most pet shops and reptile stores. You can also order them online at alot of places. A corn need a temperature of about 85 degrees at one end of it's tank and 75 degrees at the other end. so you only have to heat one end of the tank!

CornsnakeKeeper
06-14-2002, 11:07 AM
Yes, as Katie said. Heat one side of the tank with an undertank heat pad. Whenever you buy a heat source, do NOT buy a heat rock. They are dangerous for snakes and they will lay on them and burn themselves severely. They could die from them. Just a warning when you choose your heating...

nova
06-14-2002, 11:25 AM
You could also use a heat lamp. Thats what I use to heat my cage up just alittle, plus it gives excellent lighting for the snake. I have the type of bulb that accents their collors well.

st3v3
06-14-2002, 12:45 PM
I use a heatpad and a light. The light's just for daytime and it's just a normal household light.

ERJ
06-14-2002, 01:11 PM
If you do decide to use a heat light (or just a normal) then remember to get a guard for it or put it in an unassesable area of the cage because it is just like the heat rock in that it would curl up around it, rest on it,etc.