PDA

View Full Version : normal or not ?

normal or not ?

bambam1313
01-06-2011, 05:10 PM
I never really noticed this before .. until the last two feedings ..

my corn right after she eats and we put her back in her viv, she goes straight to her water dish and drinks a lot of water ... then i notice later on that day she might do it again .. or she will go pee in her dish,

just wondering if thats normal for her to be drinking that much water after they eat because i never noticed her doing it until the last two feedings !

Haarstad
01-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Mine does this too, it's not every time that she eats, but sometimes right after she eats, she will drink for about 3-5 minutes straight. It's pretty normal

bambam1313
01-06-2011, 05:17 PM
oh haha thanks ! just wanting to make sure ! :)

Haarstad
01-06-2011, 05:19 PM
It's understandable lol. I remember other people talking about it and then all of a sudden mine started doing it like the next week, i thought that was odd timing lol. But i know other people's do it as well so it's all good :)

bambam1313
01-06-2011, 05:21 PM
haha thats good ! just rotts me that she pee's in the water dish as soon as i change that water lol ! i gotta say my girl is clean , she'll only poop in certain parts of her tank !

Haarstad
01-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Mine does that too. I've never had mine dirty his water in any way though, but he always defecates in the same corner lol

bambam1313
01-06-2011, 05:31 PM
haha ya, well I change her water every day , sometimes i gotta do it like twice a day cause as soon as i lay the water dish back in she comes outta her cave and i watch her go pee in it .. im likee ur a b***h like ya mamma ! haha

Haarstad
01-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Haha, gotta love it when they try to show you who's boss

bambam1313
01-06-2011, 05:39 PM
haha yah, my girl won't bite of strick at me , but if someone comes over and holds her the wrong way or touches her head she warns em , she'll never bite, well can't say never but she hasn't bite noone yet ! :)

Haarstad
01-06-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm waiting for my first bite from one of the snakes, the boa has given a couple warnings but has never struck, but the corn hasn't even given any warnings... I guess it's good but i just want my bite over with so i finally know what it's like. My boa just keeps teasing me with her threats lol

Dreamsnake
01-06-2011, 08:31 PM
She thinks the water dish is a toilet. My snakes stay on their cold sides, but poop on the warm.

Skully23
01-06-2011, 08:57 PM
my corn right after she eats and we put her back in her viv, she goes straight to her water dish and drinks a lot of water

just wondering if thats normal for her to be drinking that much water after they eat

How would you feel after swallowing something whole for about 10mins? lol ;)
Mine does this too, drinks and drinks. Sometimes before I change the water I hold him and let him drink the water out of the cup I use to refill the bowl. I'd say it is normal and good to know they drink too!

Bartholomew
01-06-2011, 08:59 PM
haha thats good ! just rotts me that she pee's in the water dish as soon as i change that water lol ! i gotta say my girl is clean , she'll only poop in certain parts of her tank !

I'm sorry, I just have to clear this out. Snakes dont pee.
You see that white chalky substance that comes out with their feces? Those are called urates and that is basically their "pee". But they dont "pee" liquid like a dog or a cat.

Allalaskan
01-06-2011, 09:53 PM
My snake has only pooped in his viv once. Every other time he ALWAYS poops in his feeder bin. Every time I feed him he eats, then poops then goes back into the viv. lol a few days ago was the first time he has pooped in his viv in the 3 weeks I have had him. Dont know if this will be the norm or not though.

bambam1313
01-07-2011, 11:47 AM
I'm waiting for my first bite from one of the snakes, the boa has given a couple warnings but has never struck, but the corn hasn't even given any warnings... I guess it's good but i just want my bite over with so i finally know what it's like. My boa just keeps teasing me with her threats lol

haha yah i feel the same way, my corn never bite and my new baby ballpython warns every now and then but never bites ! i wish it would just get over with it

Haarstad
01-07-2011, 11:50 AM
lol, i don't think my corn will ever bite, he's in shed now and i have to clean his cage to get ready for the move and he still doesn't bite when i move him to the tub

rexracer
01-07-2011, 12:18 PM
My snake has only pooped in his viv once. Every other time he ALWAYS poops in his feeder bin. Every time I feed him he eats, then poops then goes back into the viv. lol a few days ago was the first time he has pooped in his viv in the 3 weeks I have had him. Dont know if this will be the norm or not though.
I wish I could train mine to do that! It would save on cleanings. My snake digs so many tunnels, and uses them so much, that he poops underground about 75% of the time. He also sheds underground so that I always end up dragging pieces of his shed up through the aspen.
He's never bitten, or struck at me, and never pooped in his water bowl, though he often gets aspen in it from tunneling.