PDA

View Full Version : How about a "General off-topic Chat" area?

How about a "General off-topic Chat" area?

Cyntax
03-18-2004, 01:18 PM
Hello,

I frequent quite a few forums based on a wide variety of subjects. All of which contain a "General off topic chat" type forum where people talk about other things. Its usually a good way to learn more about the people that post here.

Has there ever been a "general chat" area on this forum? Or do you think there ever will be one?

Rich Z
03-18-2004, 02:06 PM
If enough people want it, I will put one here.

CrazyCorn
03-18-2004, 06:16 PM
I think its a good idea myself as I like those type of forums but there is only one thing I dont like is sometimes they seem to attract heated topics that go a bit too far but I am sure that probably wont happen too often here.

Spitfire
03-18-2004, 07:28 PM
I have to agree with CornCrazy. Even though they are great to learn more about the people, it sometimes draws away from the rest of the forum. I stand at a neutral.

Cyntax
03-18-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCorn
I think its a good idea myself as I like those type of forums but there is only one thing I dont like is sometimes they seem to attract heated topics that go a bit too far but I am sure that probably wont happen too often here.

Yeah that is true, but thats what moderators are for. Heck i'd even volunteer to moderate the form if help is needed.

Skye
03-19-2004, 11:42 AM
yes, but this site doesn't have "moderators"

people self-moderate, nice people come here, nice people stay.

I would only like the suggested addition if people continued to self-moderate, and it didn't require nominated moderators to have to tone down others posts.

There are plenty enough heated discussions on almost every other site I frequent - this is a pleasant haven from internet bickering.

Just my view, Skye

Cyntax
03-19-2004, 01:31 PM
hrrmmm...the idea isn't as well recieved as I'd expected :)

Thats cool. It was worth a shot :cool:

Rich Z
03-19-2004, 06:21 PM
Maybe when I get a spare moment, I will go ahead and set up a general chit-chat forum on a trial basis. If it doesn't work, I can always just delete it.

StubbyUK
03-20-2004, 05:11 AM
Sounds like a plan. See how it goes. if it doesn't work or gets to taking up too much of your time, ditch it :)

Stubby

Rich Z
03-20-2004, 01:23 PM
OK, it is done. We'll just see what happens there.