PDA

View Full Version : Phantom Sheds?

Phantom Sheds?

Cindy
03-19-2004, 06:46 AM
Do corns ever have a phantom shed? my little mate has gone very pale and milky and a bit quiet, I have only had her about month and am starting to get a bit concerned. (s)he did shed about six weeks ago so it it a bit soon for another shed? she is fully grown and about 4 years old, she hasn't eaten for me yet but I assume it is just settling in and springtime. Her previous owner said this is normal - any comments guys?

Amanda E
03-19-2004, 08:00 AM
It does seem like it is too soon for another shed (my 2001 hasn't shed yet this entire year), but I wouldn't worry about it. If they have to shed, they have to shed.

Cindy
03-22-2004, 11:47 AM
Mayze (my amel) shed today, the first time for me. (2nd for her in six weeks) it was amazing to watch.
Boy- I am so relieved, she went so quiet last week and although she was showing all the classic signs of preparing to shed I still went into panic mode and nearly called the vet, silly me - I guess its because I am new to this delightful hobby. I just hope she eats now, it been around 4 weeks.... not that I am worried (OK I admit I am worried and I shouldn't, springtime+shed due=No eat):D Thanks for your support x

Cindy
04-11-2004, 01:01 PM
My little pal is getting ready for another shed! that is the 3rd since End of February.....she is about 4 years old and fully grown, could I being doing something wrong, she seems to be OK in every other respect (Eating and Drinking etc) It seems very strange...... any comments folks.. (I have enough snakeskin to build another from new) :confused: