PDA

View Full Version : HELP CORN ESCAPED!!! PLZ READ!!

HELP CORN ESCAPED!!! PLZ READ!!

thunderfrog
03-21-2004, 08:41 AM
my corn has recently escaped from his cage.. is there a way to call him back?
noises?
food?
:cry:

MERCURY
03-21-2004, 09:28 AM
Leave a heatmat on the floor covered with a towwel or somthing, a bowl of water and every few days leave a pinky out over night.
Hope this helps, Im sorry to hear he escaped
:(

thunderfrog
03-21-2004, 09:35 AM
thx i hope all works! :cool:

h0mersimps0n
03-21-2004, 09:37 AM
tape around the parameter, food items in pop bottles and check the basement and attic in the warm, dry spots (behind the washer dryer.

Patience and Persistance

Fix the leak...

jjunner
04-01-2004, 08:21 PM
I don't know the size of your snake, and I have never had mine escape so I can't testify to how well this works... but.... I heard that if you put a mouse in a nice big 2 litre pop bottle with a heat pad under neath it to keep everything warm... your snake may come across it and venture in for a bite... only to realize that the mouse has made him too fat to fit through the neck of the bottle that he went though in the first place. In the morning if all goes well you will have a nice fat fed snake in a pop bottle. To get him out just cut open the bottom... very carefully might I add, GOODLUCK!

Post back to let us know the outcome

susyq
08-10-2004, 10:06 AM
if your snake is still mia try putting a line of flour along door ways if the snake passes it should leave a trail then you could at least know which area its in

SnakeNutt
08-10-2004, 10:40 AM
Before I started taping my snakes' sweater boxes down securely, I had a couple escape, and both times I found them coiled up in the water pan (the one you put under a plant to catch any excess water) underneath a potted houseplant. I think they must be drawn to the smell of damp dirt. If you have any houseplants, I'd check those out first. If you don't have one in the room where the snake escaped, try putting one in there and checking it periodically.

Liz

Krenna
08-10-2004, 11:28 AM
A couple of tricks I had read, was to get flour and sprinkel it around door ways, if they pass through it you can find a trail. Some people get shopping bags and line it around walls, so you can keep an ear out to see if you can find it that way. The bottle with the mouse in it is a good trick as well.

But remember your snake will most likely be active at night so you will have better chances of finding movement at night.

Also Cornsnakes like to climb so just don't look down for him start your search from top to bottom.

lil' corn
08-10-2004, 05:21 PM
MIne first snake escaped out of my hands into a chouch and he got i side or went some where ans we havent found him but so those are some great ideas

Niki_Pixie
08-21-2004, 04:52 AM
My corn went missing and we didnt realise for 1 day but when we did we found him huddled behinf the CD's he scooted off and started striking when we tried to pick him up but we got him in the end.
Has your snake turned up yet thunderfrog?

Bekah
08-21-2004, 07:24 PM
My corn went AWOL the third day I had it (all my fault...was fiddling with lid and not looking). I went out (never realizing snake wasn't there only to come home hours later with ubby saying "your snake is gone". I thought he was kidding, but he wasn't. I was SO sick to my stomach...the sanke could have been ANYWHERE as we have a 4 bedroom, 2 bath house...not to mention athe other rooms...and the nooks and crannies in any given room are innummerable! I finally went to the bedroom closet...which is where we first had the viv set up. And began to rip apart the closet gently, yet frantically...there in the VERY back of the closet (where there is access to plumbing for hot and cold water and heating pipes) was the snake...curles up on a sleeping bag under a pillow. So my advice would be to look close by where your snake originally escaped from...it's probably most likely to find a nice, dark cozy area close by. I hope you find your snake soon and please keep us updated!