PDA

View Full Version : Poop green!& shed? Please advise

Poop green!& shed? Please advise

Colleen
06-15-2002, 04:37 AM
Tonight when we bathed our baby she pooed like we wanted. At first it looked fine black solids w/ white, but when I looked closer a minute later it was very green!!! I know from the Manual that this is bad. Now we do treat the water in the tub with Reptisafe water conditioner, and it is blue colored. Do you think that it changed the color? Has anyone ever had this happen?

All of the poo that we have cleaned out of the cage has been normal. And shes acting fine.

As for the shed question How offen should she shed? She shed 3 weeks ago and looks like shes getting ready to again. The Manual says that a baby can shed up to 8 times in a year, so 3 weeks seems too soon. I haven't noticed her eyes clouding but her skin looks dull and dry. Her humidity is good.

Any advise or opinions please!!!!:(

Colleen

pinatamonkey
06-15-2002, 05:40 AM
That doesn't seem too soon. My guys shed about once a month when they were younger. She's just growing. :)

Alicia
06-15-2002, 09:40 AM
I would wait and see how everything looks when she goes in her cage again. If everything else is normal it most likley was the water conditioner. The shedding sounds like it is on schedule. My little ones that are growing quickly shed about every 4 weeks and I have some 2 year olds that shed about every 6 weeks. Good luck and I hope everything looks normal the next time she goes.

:) Alicia