PDA

View Full Version : VERY WORRIED !

VERY WORRIED !

bambam1313
02-20-2011, 01:13 PM
My snake is being aggression , although i always have a thread started about that ... i pointed out this to my boyfriend today .. Her stool has gotten milky water substance in it althought still has hard stool in it , i can't figured out why she'd be passing stool like that.(noticed it a little bit of the substance in her stool last week, but she did it today and it had a lot of substance in it with the hard stool).

I've noticed a lot of different things going on with my girl

She's been going nuts ever since i got my ball python. Also shes more aggressive and careless when she eats but still eats .. her appitie has changed.. she usually eats a fair size mouse every 14 days, but we changed it to every 10 days to see how she acts. Going crazy in her tank is another thing, she knocked off the sides of the tank and also tries to nuzzle her nose up in the top of the viv to try to get out ..which you can hear her nose hitting the metal or the glass .. She's hardly ever activite in the night time, its in the day time when we are in the rooom watching tv

Can anybody understand why her stool is gone like that or why shes having weird behaviour ?! I never had any problems with her before with her stool or the way shes acting, people say it COULD be due to my ball python on the other side of the room for the behaviour..

Skully23
02-20-2011, 01:16 PM
Calm down. How about you move the ball python out of view?? I read you other thread. You need to listen to them. Move the ball python out of view and make sure you wash your hands before touching each snake. It make be jealous or something. Other than that I don't know. Just calm down and try to handle her more often.

I would really move the ball python elsewhere. It was her home first. :)

bambam1313
02-20-2011, 01:18 PM
the ball python is way out of view, im more worried about her stool going the way it is

i pointed out this to my boyfriend today .. Her stool has gotten milky water substance in it althought still has hard stool in it , i can't figured out why she'd be passing stool like that.(noticed it a little bit of the substance in her stool last week, but she did it today and it had a lot of substance in it with the hard stool).

Nanci
02-20-2011, 01:19 PM
It's normal for the poop to be very liquid. You don't have to worry about that at all.

bambam1313
02-20-2011, 01:20 PM
milky funky colour though ? i noticed liquid all the time but not like this .. ?

crotalis40741
02-20-2011, 01:25 PM
I would not worry thier poop does change in appearance and consistency. I would keep the other snake out of view and wash your hands before handling each one, if the snake keeps being agressive wear gloves and a long sleeve shirt and handle it more often and slow movements when around it. Just relax and you should be fine.

exar15xe
02-20-2011, 01:27 PM
She may feel threatend if she smells the Ball Python. As for the stool being milky I Agree with Nanci I would be worried about it. I have 14 corns and their stool varies. I have an adult male and his most of the time is mostly liquids clear to milky with solids.

bitsy
02-20-2011, 01:34 PM
The poop sounds perfectly normal.

Have you double-checked the temps, as I suggested on your other thread? Temps that are too high can result in Corns being hyperactive and bitey.

The arrival of the BP may just be coincidence. I keep a Kingsnake (cannibalistic) in the same stack as some Corns and they take no notice of each other at all. I think the BP is a red herring (if you see what I mean...).

SnakeAround
02-20-2011, 03:15 PM
Maybe your ghost is male, it is breeding season. they do get hyper then and try to get out.

bambam1313
02-20-2011, 04:30 PM
yeah, thats a good thing to think .. haha im wondering if kerrigan has been mistaken as a female haha , but i dont kno how to tell , (same with my ball python ) can't tell sex of them ! haha

SnakeAround
02-20-2011, 05:28 PM
It's the most probable cause, it would be very coincidental if this snake would go hay wire because of something else then the breedign season now, especially because 'it' seems healthy other wise. I suspect it will stop feeding also very soon. Don't worry about that then, except if it gets the other way (being very inactive) and/or loosing weight rapidly. 'Horny' males don't loose much weight during their temporary 'hunger strike'. It can take a month to three months for them to start eating again, and they might not loose more then 10 grams each month or so.

exar15xe
02-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Wouldnt be worried Just noticed my mistake...

vahagel
02-25-2011, 11:39 AM
I have had a corn for about 5 years or so. She gets aggressive if she's hungry. Also, make sure you wash your hands before handling your Corn. If there's anything remotely tasty smelling on your hands, they can bite.

bambam1313
02-25-2011, 03:43 PM
I found out it is a female and she's eating good, and still going nuts... its like she's jumping when I try to pick her up, also she gets in her water dish for about 30mins at a time trying to push the top of her namE open.... she's okay out of her tank tho, she curls around my neck... And relaxs while I'm in my room or around my house but as soon as I put her back in her. Tank she goesss nutss !

vahagel
02-25-2011, 05:40 PM
Does she know your smell well enough? If she were mine, I'd feed her until she refuses to take another mouse (mine are 5 years old and often eat 2 mice each at each feeding. I use frozen adult mice and warm them up to my skin temperature by putting them in a plastic baggie, squishing out the air, and putting it in a hot mug of water so the water doesn't get in the bag. I generally have to put another cup with water or spoon or something on the bag to keep the mouse in the water and change the water once or twice to get to my skin temperature). Then let her alone 24 hours after eating to digest. Then..... I wash my hands carefully with warm water and soap, dry them and handle her. I got a new male about a year ago, same size as my female. He didn't know my scent and was wary - like rattling his tail and going in the strike position. I just handled him a whole bunch so he could get my scent. I don't mean to seem like I don't think you know your girl, as I'm sure you know her better than anyone else... but because they smell with their tounges I try to watch how often they stick their tounges out when I handle them. If the number of times seem to decrease over a handling session or two or ten or.... that's what I look for to tell me they recognize my scent (all soaps have different scents as do all clothes detergents, so even if I think I'm the same, they get a different "smell" picture as I'm sure you know). Sometimes it takes time before they get past the soap/detergent smell and my smell.

bambam1313
02-25-2011, 06:07 PM
I pick her up daily, I have had my six year old for about 5 or 6 months she adujted very well with me and my boyfriend but like I said in other threads she been acting different since we got a baLl python, I use same hand soap all the time, and she's fine, its only when I put her back in her tank or try to pick her up sometimes, latley its all the time, I put her back in and she freaks hitting her nose of the glass and going nuts arounbd her tank, she is very activite in the day time, night time she's usually in her cave .. Well she eats every 10 days, sometimes she will eat one adult mice, every now and then she will eat two, I have to feed her Monday and my guess she will only eat one cuz last feeding she ate too .. But it all depends !

Airidies
02-25-2011, 06:15 PM
You may need to wash the tank and really check your temps, maybe get a temp gun? It sounds like she just has a big problem when she's in there. Make sure she has plenty of hides too, she maybe scared if it's too open

bambam1313
02-25-2011, 06:35 PM
She got two hides and everything gotta clean tank out Sunday when I get back from around the bay

bitsy
02-26-2011, 05:27 AM
What are you using to clean the tank and fittings? Maybe there's a residual smell or trace that's giving her a problem.

bambam1313
02-26-2011, 10:04 AM
I just 3parts bleach, 10 parts water then make sure all the smell of bleach is out of the tank, Its Never. Bothered her before... That's what I don't understand !

***Beth***
02-26-2011, 11:45 AM
Sounds like your temps might be too high... something in there's making her uncomfortable...

bambam1313
02-26-2011, 12:03 PM
We checked everything , temps are normal..when I clean out her tank I'm gonna turn off the uth and see if the heat lamp I have will be better for her !

vahagel
02-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Could she be too warm? The warmer they are the more active they are.

bambam1313
02-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Doubt it, I just fed her and cleaned her tank out and everything she was activit for 15 20mins now she's gone in her hide (on the heated side)

vahagel
02-27-2011, 03:28 PM
I'm at a loss. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.