PDA

View Full Version : snake poo

snake poo

sconrad3
02-24-2011, 06:15 PM
I just got my corn about 2 weeks ago. Ive fed him twice so far and he is due to eat again tomorrow. He's about 12 inches long. I feed him 1 pinkie every 5 days. I make sure he always has fresh water and his tank is the proper temp. His first poo was this small green "glob". Then his second poo (which i believe thats what it is) looks even stranger. Has anyone seen their snake poo look like this?

bitsy
02-24-2011, 06:16 PM
Yep - that looks like normal Corn poop.

sconrad3
02-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Really? That small and all crusty white? My bf's corn has logs for turds, and they are about the same age. I'm just worried. :awcrap:

smallet
02-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Just digesting things well is all.

bitsy
02-24-2011, 06:24 PM
That's what they look like when they've been left to dry out a little. When fresh, the white powdery part will be liquid and more transparent.

New arrivals can take a while to settle in and sometimes digestion can go along with the process. I had one that went in small piles for a few months when I first got her. She eventually made the same end product as my others.

One thing you'll learn quite fast is that no two Corns are the same. You'll probably find that your Corn doesn't eat the same, grow the same or behave quite the same as your boyfriend's. Comparing them and sweating the differences will turn you into a nervous wreck! It's not a sign of a problem, so no need to worry.

sconrad3
02-24-2011, 06:26 PM
K thnks. I dont expect them to be the same... I tried googling snake poo for corns and all I could find were log like turds lol. I do feel a lil better now :)
Thnks again