PDA

View Full Version : 2 Sheds in quick sucession

2 Sheds in quick sucession

monkey0052
02-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Hiya folks,

Our Corn Snake was off his food recently and I just assumed he was being a typical male and had women on the brain.

But I went to check on him just now because I was going to attempt another feed as it's 2 feeds (2 weeks) since his last meal.

But as I opened his vivarium he poked his head out of his hide and I noticed his eyes were cloudy and showed signs he is in the "blue" stage of the shed cycle.

But the strange thing is he only shed mid january so its about a month since he last shed.

I would just like to know if this is normal????? He is about 2 years old give or take a few months here and there (not quite sure), and is just under 4ft in length.

It just seems strange as his last shed there was about a 2 1/2 to 3 month gap in between.

Im soooo confused at the moment and am probably worrying about nothing.

Any further info would be greatly appreciated.

talc22
02-25-2011, 01:09 PM
My 3 - 4 year female shed every month like clockwork up until her last one where she went 2 month between sheds.

monkey0052
02-25-2011, 05:36 PM
My 3 - 4 year female shed every month like clockwork up until her last one where she went 2 month between sheds.

Thanks for that, I think my experience of owning a snake is still at a minimum really. Done some more research about it, and it seems fairly normal. Was just a bit confused as he normally waits 2 or 3 months before shedding.

At least I know now.

Thanks for the response. :cheers:

HeavenHell
02-25-2011, 05:39 PM
You may find them shedding quicker after a previous bad shed.

oneirogenesis
02-25-2011, 05:51 PM
I wouldn't worry. Snakes don't always shed at consistent intervals in my experience. As long as his environment is clean and he doesn't have any wounds or visible skin problems, he's probably fine.