PDA

View Full Version : good news....

good news....

norbert03
03-22-2004, 09:09 PM
i came home a little while from grocery shopping and walked into my bedroom to find norbert in the middle of shedding :-) i am very content now, i was really concerned something was wrong with him. thank you for all for helping me out :-) i appreciate it madly.

now that he has shed are is there anything i should know? he shed once before and i just made sure that all the skin had come off, if there's anything i should know that i don't just tell me, i'm slow sometimes. thanks again.

5bandit5
03-23-2004, 04:28 AM
Hi Nobert,
You didn't say when your snake ate last, if he's like mine, he's more than ready about now. A few eat right up until shed,(mine doesn't, he quits about a week ahead), if yours is like that, just stay on your regular feeding schedule.

The only other thing I would suggest, is take a real good look at both the "shed", and the snake, especially the tail, make sure all the old skin is gone.

BTW, Mine doesn't seem to care to be handled right after the shed, unless he needs help. If the shed and the snake look good, I let him rest and try to wait about 6-8 hours, before I really handle him. I think the new skin is a little sensitive, plus, it seems they are a little tired right after. Best of Luck!

leia
03-23-2004, 09:37 AM
Yeah, my snake hates it when I try to help him shed when he messes it up. He doesn't mind the handling too much, but doesn't like when you try to peel him, hehe.

I always feed him right after shedding, because he usually doesn't like to eat preshed, but sometimes will. I figure a nice meal will be good for a tired little snake, then they can get plenty of rest when they digest it.

Acradon
03-23-2004, 10:15 AM
My female corn hates handling full stop. She completly freaks when i'm trying to pick her up. The male doesn't really care.

Acradon