PDA

View Full Version : Is she just fat, or?

Is she just fat, or?

dejvid
03-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Hi, eweryone!
my snake has some unusual bumps on her body. They feel soft, like there would be some fatt in them. But i sav some pics of fat snakes and they have fatt tisuue spredet equally over the body.
Otherwise she seems healty and she eats fine.
Sould i be worry?

Here is a foto:
http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee420/dejvid88/BILD3583.jpg

bitsy
03-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Sometimes they get concentrated lumps of fat right near the vent - we call them "hips". If you can't see them anywhere else, then this is probably what they are. Maybe she needs to cut down on her food for a while to see if this helps.

Just to double-check, has she been anywhere near a male Corn?

dejvid
03-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Well she`s definatly not pragnant, if that what you mean. She is like that sense i bougt her. The woman that sell her, gave her away for wery funny price just becouse of that bumps.
I, did put her on diet, and it seems like that bumps are schrinking, but then i`we start to prepare her for brumation, so i feed her litle more, than they grow back.
I thout she is fat, but hawe to make sure here :)

But i do want to get her breed this year...

dejvid
03-08-2011, 04:52 PM
thanks!
You make me feel so much better now :)

Nanci
03-08-2011, 05:26 PM
It would be easier to tell if we could see a picture of her in a straight line.

After you breed her, it would be good for her to get light exercise several times a week until she turns blue for her pre-lay shed. This will really make a difference in her muscle tone and help her lay more easily.

dejvid
03-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Thanx nanci, i will certainly take into account your advice. I do not want any problems with her laying egs... :nope:
i will try to make another foto from her when i get some help.

Wenn i think about that, i need some exercise too :dancer:

Nanci
03-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Exercise can be as simple as 15 minutes of winding around your hands, if she will do that, or if she only wants to sit there, place her on the floor and encourage her to move, and to crawl over your fingers, and see if you can get her to climb to your hand from the floor, lifting her body as high as she can to use her strength to pull herself up. I will take mine out and let them crawl through the grass, but I watch very carefully for hawks and don't get more than a foot away from the snake at any time.

dejvid
03-09-2011, 04:55 PM
thanx for the tips. i culdnt take her out anyway, becose it`s to cold jet, but in the summer i lowe to see my snakes enjoying the sunbath. under my supervizion ofcourse :) will update ours progress :)

exar15xe
03-09-2011, 05:04 PM
How old is the snake? I have a 2003 Hypo Okeetee 0.1 and she has what they call "Hip" as well. I was told by the previous owner and have read in a corn snake book that this commonly happens in older snakes and you shouldn't be alarmed. They just get extra fat deposits near their vents with age.

dejvid
03-09-2011, 05:39 PM
thanx for infos exar.
I got her last year and i was told she is 4 years old, so i dont think that old age is the reason... :)