• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Mites?

PaulThe

a few days ago i found that my boa had mites, i am getting rid of them.

using mineral oil - putting some in a bowl and putting my hand in it and rubbing it on the snake and using a q-tip to get around his nose and eyes after i put him in a container and let him sit by himself after 15 minutes, i then put him in luke warm water for 5 minutes and i haven't put him in oil or water since sunday and i haven't seen one mite!

im like 75% im doing this right but i want to know how you would get rid of this problem ?

one question im sure the answer is yes too but i want to make sure 100% .. after this stressful time for my snake would cause him not to eat? he refused to eat on feeding day

You will need to retreat or treat the bedding with PAM (Provent a mite) or something, because there's most likely eggs, that will hatch, & you will be starting all over.

I've used pre treated bedding (PAM) for about 6 weeks. It worked for me.

i took all the bedding out, vacuumed the tank ( someone told me that it will get the eggs out ) then washed it out really good .. and i put newspaper in the tank and i check the snake and his tank 4 or 5 times a day

I used diluted Nix (4 liters to a box of nix). I sprayed my ball python and his cage out. I then replaced his substrate and cleaned everything in and on the outside of the cage. I also sprayed all my snake stuff and the table on which the tank is. I then replaced the snake and replaced his water once he was all dry.

I then redid this whole process a week later. It has been about 5 weeks now and no mites yet :)

I used Reptile Relief on my snakes and provent a mite in their bins/vivs. The mites were gone fairly quick. I bought mine from LLLReptile but I'm sure you can find it on other websites.
I tried the nix method and I didn't like it and I don't think it mix well and it almost killed one of my snakes. I will never recommend that because you have to be really careful.

Back