PDA

View Full Version : no poo??

no poo??

rsarj70
04-05-2011, 09:20 PM
I fed my Corn a f/t rat pinky last Thursday and felt good having perhpas overcame a hump of a potential problem-feeder. It has been five days since the feeding, and my son and I had him out. I was straightening up the cage and I noticed still no poo. I have been checking daily since he ate. He is due to feed again Thursday. Should I feed him or wait until we get a movement? I know it can take a few days, but this seems a little excessive. Am I just over-worrying? Do I feed on Thursday as scheduled? The first time he fed on a fuzzy and had a movement in his cage, seconds after I put him back after a handling(i got lucky)!, but no such luck this time. He seems fine. In fact, I have had him a month now, and he is finally out and about roaming and he seems great, but should I be concerned about this? Any thoughts would be appreciated

Naagas
04-06-2011, 01:46 AM
IMHO, yes, you are over-worrying. I have seen corns of mine take a couple of feedings to poo. They were fine.
You are a good snake parent for worrying!

rsarj70
04-06-2011, 10:03 AM
I have a tendancy to humanize these issues. So 5 days just seems unacceptable. I have had 20 posts or so worrying about this guy, and it is for my boys who have not had a concern yet....

Naagas
04-06-2011, 11:24 AM
I have a tendancy to humanize these issues. So 5 days just seems unacceptable. I have had 20 posts or so worrying about this guy, and it is for my boys who have not had a concern yet....

You are not the only one who has asked this question, so it isn't a weird question.

Keep asking away!

I've found that corns raise a lot of questions due to the fact that they are so different from typical furry pets!