PDA

View Full Version : Puny 2002's

Puny 2002's

Taceas
03-30-2004, 12:43 AM
Is anyone else in this boat?

http://www.mainecoon.net/~rain/Snakes/MiscSnakes/Snakes.JPG

All of the smaller snakes pictured are 2002 specimens. Is anyone else having problems with getting their 2002's to put on some girth?

I was hoping to breed the female blizzard and female amel next year, but I doubt unless miracles are commonplace, that it will happen.

These get fed 1-2 fuzzies (size depending) up to a crawler size every 4-7 days. The blizzard sometimes takes breaks from eating, but the other 3 eat like champs. They just don't seem to be putting on any weight at all.

It just infuriates me when I see pictures of a 2002 breeding, or whatnot..and then I look at my snakes and wonder what the heck happened.

Am I doing something wrong here? I've got 2003 snakes that are nearly this size already, and still growing like weeds.

For those curious people interested in the breeders of these snakes, please e-mail or PM me. I don't want to publicly announce that on the post, as it isn't their fault in the last I wouldn't think.

DAND
03-30-2004, 05:31 AM
Taceas

I'd try to feed rat pups if you can get a hold of them where you are. That is what I do with mine as soon as they are big enough to take them.

CAV
03-30-2004, 10:53 AM
I have several 2002 that are only 130-150 grams. One of the benefits of keeping a larger collection is getting to see the wide range of size, personality, coloration, and growth rates. Some corns are just slow growers and some are just genetically predestined to be small. I have a 1.2 trio of '00 Snows that are all under 38" and weigh less than 230g.

Drizzt80
03-31-2004, 12:59 PM
Taceas I started a new thread in husbandry and basic care about how I feed my snakes, and while I notice a difference in individual animals concerning how fast they grow compared to another, all my snakes seem to develop at generally the same rate. Check it out if you'd like. Not sure how it compares to how you feed your snakes.

D80