PDA

View Full Version : Young Dwarf Boas

Young Dwarf Boas

DanaP
05-07-2011, 07:27 PM
I've been looking for a dwarf boa for quote awhile and cant seem to find any :-(

So I thought I would post a want ad. I'm looking for a nicaraguan boa, sonoran, colombian bci, hog island, or any that you can suggest :-)

ratsncorns
05-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Check out Vin Russo at http://www.cuttingedgeherp.com/. He has oodles of dwarf boas! Im in love with the Caulker Cay boas, and the Costa Rica boas!

DanaP
05-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Thanks! I had thought of him, but I'm trying to avoid shipping if at all possible. :sidestep:

ratsncorns
05-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Well, good luck finding them up in Fort Collins, lol. I lived there for 7 years and either had all my snakes shipped to me, or had to go to the expo in Denver.

Nanci
05-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Why do you want to avoid shipping? The snake is usually in transit for 15-18 hours. A reputable breeder ought to know how to ship safely, although there have been a couple exceptions recently. But if you look on the Board of Inquiry, those ought to turn up. Not boa people, anyway. The only snakes I _haven't_ had shipped were, let's see...Noah, Razzle and Orchidee, Gartersnake, Zeke and Zoey, Jewel and Janine, Yggdrasil and Buzztail. So 10 out of 50ish. Heck, Fred was shipped here, shipped back to Colorado, and shipped back here all in less than a year!

ratsncorns
05-08-2011, 11:20 AM
I think shes trying to avoid shipping because of the extra cost. The prices have really increased recently, too. Stupid gas prices.

reptile65
05-08-2011, 11:35 AM
If you really want to avoid shipping, I would recommend going to the Rocky Mountain Reptile Expo. Chances are you can find one there, or at least get in contact with someone who can get you one in the future. The next expo is actually next saturday, May 14th at the Denver Merchandise Mart.

DanaP
05-09-2011, 02:05 PM
I have no idea why I didn't get a notification about your responses lol.

And I've been waiting for the RMRE for weeks! I'm so excited!!! I'm hoping to find one there or at the next one in August or November. :cool:

And I am trying to avoid shipping because of prices. I have talked to some boa breeders, but the cost of shipping was sometimes double the amount of the actual animal. Gas prices are just ridiculous :sidestep:

dionythicus
05-09-2011, 03:17 PM
I'll work on getting pics pf my Sonoran boy this week. I wish I had more time to get pics. It would help sales. lol

edit-here's a pic I just took. The tub's a mess because cleaning day is later this week. He does like to dump him water and fill it with coconut substrate. Silly boy.

DanaP
05-09-2011, 05:11 PM
He is so handsome!:grabbit:

DanaP
05-11-2011, 12:47 AM
Anyone?....

DanaP
05-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Helloooooooooo?

atmox
05-25-2011, 07:52 PM
http://www.boa-constrictors.com/com/com.html

Here's a link, it has all boa constrictor species on it with proper info. It should help you decide what kind you want and than you can search for a breeder :)
They are in Germany so i don't think you want to buy them there :)